Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,570
0 members and 1,570 guests
No Members online

Old 12-03-2007, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Preying on Neophytes

Good day,

Has anyone ever been taken advantaged of, either by a predecessor of your organization or a member of another organization, simply because you were a neophyte?

I am embarrassed to admit that this unfortunate episode recently happened to me.

For purposes of discretion, I can't go into details, but I will say this: this BGLO member deceived me into thinking that he was a member of my organization when in fact he wasn't. I really felt like a dumbazz after it occurred.

I would like to privately discuss the scenario with a brother who is willing to listen and give guidance. However, if anyone wants to give general advice, or tell a story (and how you handled it), then I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Last edited by Suavesince1911; 12-03-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavesince1911 View Post
BGLO member deceived me into thinking that he was a member of my organization when in fact he wasn't.
LOL
Old 12-21-2007, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Good day,

Has anyone ever been taken advantaged of, either by a predecessor of your organization or a member of another organization, simply because you were a neophyte?

I am embarrassed to admit that this unfortunate episode recently happened to me.

For purposes of discretion, I can't go into details, but I will say this: this BGLO member deceived me into thinking that he was a member of my organization when in fact he wasn't. I really felt like a dumbazz after it occurred.

I would like to privately discuss the scenario with a brother who is willing to listen and give guidance. However, if anyone wants to give general advice, or tell a story (and how you handled it), then I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
I ued to prey on neophytes all the time. If was fun. And boy did I get a lot of good stuff.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I wanted to laugh but "taken advantage of" can range from really funny things to detrimental and illegal stuff.

You weren't taken advantage of because you are a Neo. That person wasn't even a member. You were taken advantage of because you may not have been that smart or that person was good at perping.

But feel free to discuss the more general topic of taking advantage of Neos, as Soror LG has done so eloquently.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
I ued to prey on neophytes all the time. If was fun. And boy did I get a lot of good stuff.
LOL.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Good day,

Thank you.
Nupe, I'm laughing because old head DZ Nupes used to do us like that when we were neos too. My sands have also done it to neos. I never did, but I do like going back for homecoming and having them treat me like I'm some kind of idol. LMAO.

As far as this dude perpin' I would have to pretty much tell you how to deal with that in person, but not on a message board or PM. I don't know what moderators can see.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LXiDeuceKlub07
Things like charges and such.. there are some that are so well known it's almost worthless doing them. And also, a lot of them are region-specific... But every Made NUPE should know certain things, so that's not a problem for me in terms of validity.
But no romantic overtones
Old 01-09-2008, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I bring a certain issue to the board for guidance, and I'm mocked for it. I guess some people on this forum aren't as mature afterall.

I think there is a time to play and a time to be serious. There are certain things that I may not have known because although I was forewarned to beware of specific instances, some people can't anticipate EVERYTHING.

I know this much: if someone else had brought this to the forum, I wouldn't be laughing. I try to be sensitive of everyone's misfortune, especially if it wasn't necessarily his/her fault.

I try to find mature people with whom I can discuss issues that I take seriously. I suppose I am in the wrong forum.

Last edited by Suavesince1911; 01-09-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

It really affected you that much, Bruh? You can PM me and we can dish it out, ya Digg?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I bring a certain issue to the board for guidance, and I'm mocked for it. I guess some people on this forum aren't as mature afterall.

I think there is a time to play and a time to be serious. There are certain things that I may not have known because although I was forewarned to beware of specific instances, some people can't anticipate EVERYTHING.

I know this much: if someone else had brought this to the forum, I wouldn't be laughing. I try to be sensitive of everyone's misfortune, especially if it wasn't necessarily his/her fault.

I try to find mature people with whom I can discuss issues that I take seriously. I suppose I am in the wrong forum.
No, you're just sensitive because you know the scenario and we don't. You gave us a general description of the event that seemed like it could be filed under PERPS and dismissed. Now, you're still being very vague and labeling those who can't read your mind as immature.

You aren't the first person who has "befriended" a perp and been taken advantage of to some extent. So grow up and stop seeming so sheepish. If you haven't already discussed this issue with a frat brother off of the board, that's a problem and you need to do that ASAP.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I've heard of situations where the brothers of one fraternity will take advantage of the pledges of their "sister" organization.. running trains and all sorts of freak nasty ish..