Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,544
3 members and 1,541 guests
JayhawkAOII, John

Old 11-20-2007, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaNuHX766
Thumbs up Eta Chi chapter update

Hey Brothers! I haven't been on here in a while, and after Kyle asked me over facebook if our chapter's charter was revoked, I figured I'd give you guys an update!

We're about to initiate 11 candidates in Lexington at Headquarters (4 1/2 hour roadtrip) on the first weekend in December. HX chapter is now currently 55 members, and we're still the largest on campus. We trimmed the fat significantly this semester, as some of those that accepted their bids were not living our values, and as a result, the cream of the crop remains. Really strong men, academically, socially, and morally... they're all around great guys.

Recently, our Candidates organized a large park cleanup that 20 members performed, and 30 members of our chapter at the same time conducted a fundraising event for the Norfolk SPCA. We've already started fund raising for next semester's Relay for Life, and our target this year is $5,000.

This past semester, our chapter was on Social Probation with Nationals, because some of our paperwork didn't make it to Lexington via the mail... so instead of Formals and Semi Formals, we had a number of brother and candidate exclusive Brotherhood events. Every brother was asked to plan and carry out an event where the brothers could have fun and hang out with their brothers and candidates. This meant no girlfriends at the events, nor other greek organizations, though we were invited to a number of events with Pi Beta Phi, Delta Zeta, Zeta Tau Alpha, Alpha Phi, and Alpha Xi Delta.

These brother hood events ranged from group movie outtings, open mic jam sessions, beach trips (before the weather got cold on campus... we're 10 min from VA Beach!), barbecues, going to concerts and hitting the mosh pit together... it was good times all around. Being on social probation actually helped "force" our chapter to become even closer than it was before. Basically, anything that brothers planned to do or go to individually, or with one or two brothers, they invited the whole chapter to come along. Turnout for the first few events was 15-20 people, but by the end of the semester, we were getting 55-60 guys out to the events with candidates included.

Also, our chapter just finished up elections, and we have a fresh Exec Board, and all of the people on it have held chapter offices before. We're gearing up for a powerhouse spring semester, and plan to continue to remain the best and most diverse fraternity on ODU's campus.

LHT,
Jason
HX 766
--Since 1869--
S N E T T