Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 886
3 members and 883 guests
KDKells

Old 06-30-2006, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SIGMAtivity
Doves, Sweethearts, etc.

I am not at all enthusiastic about this conversation but I am compelled to post something because of the experiences I have had with these "auxillaries". Firstly, we must understand that these groups are not constitutionally sanctioned and therefore have no real legitimacy. If someone is looking to make connections into the greek world it is STRONGLY RECCOMENDED that another course of action be taken. Secondly, when I was in college and President of the PanHellenic Council (moons and moons ago) these "auxillary members" caused undue friction/ fighting/rancor and all other modes of discord between and among the legitimate organizations. It brought the entire greek system down. It sullied the reputation of what being Greek is all about in the first place. Thirdly, If you are not convinced that auxillary membership is NOT the way to go, please understand you will need to do a complete investigation about what is exactly the situation at the University you attend. Failure to ensure that association with one of these groups does not destroy your chances with the legitimate organization of your choice will be a nightmare. Good Luck in all your future endeavors.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gator716
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGMAtivity View Post
I am not at all enthusiastic about this conversation but I am compelled to post something because of the experiences I have had with these "auxillaries". Firstly, we must understand that these groups are not constitutionally sanctioned and therefore have no real legitimacy. If someone is looking to make connections into the greek world it is STRONGLY RECCOMENDED that another course of action be taken. Secondly, when I was in college and President of the PanHellenic Council (moons and moons ago) these "auxillary members" caused undue friction/ fighting/rancor and all other modes of discord between and among the legitimate organizations. It brought the entire greek system down. It sullied the reputation of what being Greek is all about in the first place. Thirdly, If you are not convinced that auxillary membership is NOT the way to go, please understand you will need to do a complete investigation about what is exactly the situation at the University you attend. Failure to ensure that association with one of these groups does not destroy your chances with the legitimate organization of your choice will be a nightmare. Good Luck in all your future endeavors.
Thanks
Old 09-26-2007, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGMAtivity View Post
Ummm.... wow. How's that saying go about pointing the finger????