Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 697
0 members and 697 guests
No Members online

Old 06-30-2007, 07:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like a great start! We have a Crescent Circle - that's Gamma Phi Beta's smaller alumnae chapter option. We only have one "official" meeting a year at Founder's Day. It's a great option for areas like the one I am in, where there are only about 15 - 20 alumnae in the area, and of course not all of them want to participate. Do other sororities have a smaller alumnae option?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesidz View Post
Hello,

I am in the process of starting a new alumnae chapter and I am wanting to gage the average size that we should aim for.

Also, any suggestions on what would attract you to an alumnae group would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jesidz
I think we have 15-20 members which is sad for a town the size of Ft Worth & Arlington! however getting anyone to participate is like pulling teeth. It seems like sisterhood isn't a priority to anyone.

that said, if you can get a core of 10 members started and expand from there I think that is a great starting point. It will take the efforts of everyone to recruit sisters to be active members in the alumnae association...it is a lot like recruitment in college!

It doesn't take much to attract me since I would be there and involved, but a variety of events and possibly even focus groups (smaller groups that meet that are a part of the larger group - like a scrapbooking group or a mommy & me group)

ETA - it looks like you had a great start...I posted before reading all of the other posts!

Last edited by lstorey; 07-18-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Sounds like a great start! We have a Crescent Circle - that's Gamma Phi Beta's smaller alumnae chapter option. We only have one "official" meeting a year at Founder's Day. It's a great option for areas like the one I am in, where there are only about 15 - 20 alumnae in the area, and of course not all of them want to participate. Do other sororities have a smaller alumnae option?
I know AXiD doesn't have many requirements....if you want to qualify for an award you have to meet some guidelines (I think it is 4 meetings per year) but not too many.