Welcome to our newest member, Mr. Doom
» Online Users: 951
2 members and 949 guests
Cookiez17

Old 06-30-2007, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-kai- View Post
Is it a policy today that new chapters and re-orgs are substance free? My thoughts are they are not, only substance free housing is one of two reasons. A. The chapter voted this in themselves or B. It was a requirement of the GF and/or the HC Board of said chapter for re-colonizing (IE, Nebraska).

Challenge the policy, not the people upholding them. These things can be changed during conventions.
Point of information - Nebraska never re-colonized. We were reorganized, but the chapter has remained open since it's founding on September 13th 1888. We were reorganized as alcohol and drug free living, though the actual enforcement of the alcohol rules didn't become serious until the fall of 1999, and even then, there were multiple violations on through to the fall of 2000, with a few tapering off into the spring of 2001. By the time I was a freshman in the fall of 2001, the rules had been set that it was rare for violations. That said, I'd guess that close to 90% of the chapter (of those who drink) since i pledged has drank in the house on at least one occasion.

- Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-30-2007, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeta View Post
Point of information - Nebraska never re-colonized. We were reorganized, but the chapter has remained open since it's founding on September 13th 1888. We were reorganized as alcohol and drug free living, though the actual enforcement of the alcohol rules didn't become serious until the fall of 1999, and even then, there were multiple violations on through to the fall of 2000, with a few tapering off into the spring of 2001. By the time I was a freshman in the fall of 2001, the rules had been set that it was rare for violations. That said, I'd guess that close to 90% of the chapter (of those who drink) since i pledged has drank in the house on at least one occasion.
just curious, what is the penalty if you are caught drinking? and how strictly have they tried to enforce the dry house rule on you?