GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,140
0 members and 1,140 guests
No Members online

Old 01-21-2002, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LexiKD
My concern would be shelf life.
OMG, not to downplay the seriousness of this topic but when I read "shelf life" all I could think of was pairs of boobs sitting on a shelf...sort of Salvador Dali-esque. Oh dear, I need a damn life.

Lana - you know no matter what I'm your sister and I'll be there for you. No sh!t!! PM me and email when you need to vent. 'Kay?
Old 01-21-2002, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
I don't believe the poeple saying that breast augmentation isn't going to boost a girl's self esteem are thinking this through.

If you have bad acne and it clears ou usually feel better about yourself.

If you are having a good hair day, you also, usually feel better about yourself.

If I had a 1 inch shaft, and that bothered me when I was about to drop my pants with a girl, then adding 4-5 inches of length would probably make me feel better about myself.

Feeling better about yourself is the cornerstone of confidence and self-esteem.

Again, plastic surgeons have found that their patients can radically change after some correction/enhancement.

Hell I know a girl that even changed what she was willing to wear after her nose job (and it was barely noticeable). Deviated septum my ass doctor.

Just because you don't like the idea of breast enlargement, doesn't mean it won't have a positive impact on the person who gets it.

If you want it get it!
Old 01-21-2002, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
I don't believe the poeple saying that breast augmentation isn't going to boost a girl's self esteem are thinking this through.

If you have bad acne and it clears ou usually feel better about yourself.

If you are having a good hair day, you also, usually feel better about yourself.
Ok...I think there is a huge freaking difference between buying some oxy or hairspray and having major surgery that could possibly have huge risks to it.

You shouldnt get new tits to boost your self esteem. You need to love your inside before doing something drastic to your outside.

Remember, the original thread stated "I really would like to get implants, but am worried that I will meet a guy that is great, but hates fake breats. I am really insecure about my flat chest.
I have met guys who said they like the way real breasts feel, but they like to stare at fake breasts bc they look good."

To me, AlphaSigLana, and Im sorry, it just sounds like you want to impress and attract guys...not look good for yourself. There is a difference between doing something for self esteem and doing things to get a guy.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
What the hell is wrong with wanting to attract boys? I spend hours training to attract women, as a side benefit I am healthier and stronger because of it!

And I feel better about myself when in shape. Your external and internal are somewhat tied together. and sometimes its easier to change something about yourself than to sit and try to use positive thinking to change the way you feel about people ignoring you.

Get the implants we'll start a collection
Old 01-21-2002, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What the hell is wrong with wanting to attract boys? I spend hours training to attract women, as a side benefit I am healthier and stronger because of it!
Nothing is wrong with attracting boys - but having surgery to get a guy to look at your tits? Give me a break. The day women have to get implants for guys like...well guys in general is they day I ask a guy I go out with to get a freaking wang implant. Would you go to that extent to attract women? Getting your wang cut open and put a big chemical filled implants put inside to make you bigger? I doubt it.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Sarah, the reason I edited my post was to address you by name LOL
Old 01-21-2002, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Kevin frequently has to edit his posts lol
Old 01-21-2002, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

There is a major difference between breast implants and nose job/other plastic surgeries. With the implants you are putting a foreign material into your body which can come with consequences, immune mediated disease being the most serious-these diseases can cause long term pain and even death. So think long and hard before you go under the knife for your implants.

I am small chested. I started developing at 16 and stopped at 16. They increased a little when I went on birth control for a brief period when I was 18, but I am an A cup. I will be turing 30 soon and my breasts are as damn perky as they were when I was 16. My friend who is about a size D is already drooping. She hates them and at times I feel sorry for her. I can wear all these cute tops and she can't. I LOVE MY BREASTS!!!

another thing-looking young at 20 is a blessing in desguise. When you are turning 30 and still look like you are in your early 20's you will be thanking sweet jesus. I use to want large breasts when I was younger but now I thank my lucky stars I did not get my mom's boobs.

BTW I have never had a guy complain. What you see is what you get and if guys want large breasts then they can look at me and just walk the other way-I could care less.

Alphsiglana,

I am sorry that things are not going well for you and your chapter. It sounds like they may be bringing you down with all the bickering. These are suppose to be your friends and sisters. Have you considered going alum early-will they let you? b/c it sounds like you need to leave these guys behind.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaGam1019
Kevin frequently has to edit his posts lol
yeah, I get trigger happy with the edit button. LOL Nina, your so funny.

Aggieaxo, your a sweetheart
Old 01-21-2002, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay well i only wear a B cup, but sometimes i feel like thats big even for me. I am only 5'2'' and petite, so i wouldnt want anything bigger. I even feel compelled to wear tank tops and backless shirts because they dont look right on me. I think being smaller is much better. It all depends on your body size and frame, maybe an A cup is ideal for you!

I really think you should think through it, and i would advise you to not go through it, especially if its because you want to please guys! Be thankful for what God has given you! You can wear tank tops, backless tops, run without pain, no backaches....etc. Do you really want to give up all that?

Lana, you should look in the mirror and look at how great you are and all of your attributes! Like other have said before, for people to like you, you have to like yourself first!
Old 01-22-2002, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
Quote:

And I feel better about myself when in shape. Your external and internal are somewhat tied together. and sometimes its easier to change something about yourself than to sit and try to use positive thinking to change the way you feel about people ignoring you.

Get the implants we'll start a collection
James, someone had a really good point about this earlier, but I don't really think this is about the size of her breasts.

If she is the insecure small chested girl now, getting big boobs won't help her self-confidence, all she would be was the insecure big titty girl.

This is more about how she sees herself, and someone who thinks they have NO positive qualities needs to invest that 3 grand in some serious therapy, not in plastic surgery.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 01-22-2002, 01:03 PM

First of all.....there are a lot of guys who complain about "hard fake tits" but the whole reason a lot of girls feel compelled to get them is because of comments like the 38DD. Come on!!!! Gee, I wonder why so many women are insecure about their bodies.

Unfortunately we live in a society that has a very unrealistic idea about beauty.....someone made the comment that body fat and breast size are related.....for the most part this is true. But we are expected to have rock hard bodies with 3% body fat and then have gigantic boobs. Ummmmm you show me a girl like that and I'll show you one who has a very intimate relationship with her plastic surgeon.

BUT....here is the good news. Not all guys like huge breasts. There are men who like breasts that are proportionate to a woman's body. There are even men who like them small, believe it or not. My husband thinks that if the boobs are too big they make a girl look fat (this is another reason he doesn't really want me to do it.) But when he was 16 he was dating a girl who was 5'0 with like 38EE boobs and he thought it was great.....not that he doesn't like them on the rounder side, but that means like a D......tastes mature sometimes and the high schooler who would only date well-endowed girls often graduates to a more proportionate look. Taste is so subjective....we have been exposed to this supposed "ideal" so much that we have been led to believe it is the only attractive look, but it is so untrue. Men like variety. It isn't just breast size, but hair color, eye color, height, weight, etc etc etc.

By the way, society imposes some of these standards on men too....penis size being one of them. And it is a lot harder to change that than it is to change your breasts. And there are guys getting breast implants nowadays, to give them that big muscular chest.....not all girls like big muscle men yet men think that is the ideal.

I for one have no problem with a little bit of work here and there. I have experimented with my look a lot over the years, hair color and length and texture, eye color (contacts), tanning, etc. I have no problem with getting a little lipo or tucking done here and there if one is not into aging "gracefully." (Gracefully my ass!!! I would no sooner let my face fall or my hair grow gray than I would carry a black purse with brown shoes!!!!!) But for God's sake, do it for yourself, not because you are trying to meet the "standards" of some guy (or girl, for the gentlemen.)
Old 01-22-2002, 02:55 PM
UMgirl

Of course working out is going to is going to make you feel better. You can see the results as you "make yourself better". Your thinking gets more positive (its already positive b/c you decided to get or stay fit) You can steadily go through the change. With a breast enhancement, its like BOOM, they're there.
Plus a girl with low self esteem could have a boob job, nose job, liposuction etc., but if there is no positive thinking from the get go... her low self esteem still remains even if it got a little boost.
In a way it reminds me of the Jenny Jones "Geek to Sheek" shows, everyone knows that the majority of the people who go on there still have some low self esteem going on.
I like i said Lana has to do what she feels is right, and if its surgery than so be it. There is nothing wrong with attracting guys but no one should feel they need to have surgery to do it.
Old 01-22-2002, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

speaking as a 36C

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverTurtle

Finally, James (I think) mentioned that his favorite size is 36C. I very recently read a study that said that was the ideal breast size...MEANING: People, men and women, respect women with 36C size breasts more than any other size. They are taken more seriously, sometimes even succeed further in work, etc.! If I can remember where I read it, I'll post it. But it was an actual academic study. So, if you are 36C, consider yourself a little more lucky today!
I think you're reading too much into that. Did you know that 36C is actually the most common chest size today? I have read that more bras are sold in 36C than any other size. It's not that special, and having boobs that size won't make you stand out from the crowd or anything.

I am pretty happy with my boobs (36C). I NEVER wish they were larger, and sometimes wish they were smaller! Sometimes I think I would look thinner in clothes if I didn't have my ample rack (j/k). Exercise can be a slight issue... I have yet to find a good enough sports bra, so I have to wear two at the same time, or else bounce nonstop on the eliptical machine. I hate running. But they do look good. In my opinion, they could probably be a bit smaller and still look good. But guys always seem more than pleased with them
My last boy said they were "the ideal size," and he had had previous girlfriends with much bigger ones than mine.