Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,120
1 members and 1,119 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 02-15-2007, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Giuliani reaffirms plan to run for the White House

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Make no mistake about it -- Rudy Giuliani is running for president.

"Yes, I'm running, sure," Giuliani told CNN's Larry King in an interview that will air Wednesday night.

Giuliani has made similar statements in the last couple of weeks, most recently on Tuesday during a speech at the World Agriculture Expo in Tulare, California.
http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/

Note:"I guess you do one of these things where you do it four times or five times in a day," the New York Republican said. "So I get on your show and about five others."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17158406/
When asked a follow-up question about when he would make a formal announcement, he responded, "Well, formally announce? I don't know. If you go back to my speech, I think I may have. I'm not sure."
He then alluded to making an announcement in multiple locations "so we get more attention" but provided no details.

Last edited by jon1856; 02-15-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Banned

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8
Old 02-16-2007, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Anybody thing he has a serious chance given the others who are hurrying to announce?

I have doubts.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Is he even going to win the Republican nomination? Will the Moral Conservative block his nomination? Will the Republican faithful from the south trust a liberal Republican from New York?
Old 02-20-2007, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
Is he even going to win the Republican nomination? Will the Moral Conservative block his nomination? Will the Republican faithful from the south trust a liberal Republican from New York?
I really doubt it. I'm in the NYC metro area and was watching a local political analyst on the news. They were saying that a great majority of Republicans outsite NY only know him as the 9/11 mayor. They don't know that he is for civil unions, gun control, and a woman's right to choose. Once they hear that, they often don't like him so much.

Additionally, I saw something a few weeks ago where he was in New Hampshire. The interviewer was speaking to a woman in her 50's, well-spoken, registered Republican, who had attended his speaking engagement. She said she liked him and was interested in voting for him in the primary. Then the reporter said, "Do you know his stance on gay rights, gun control and abortion are X, Y, & Z?" Her eyes got huge and she said, "No, I had no idea." The reporter asked if that would change her vote and she said, "Absolutely!"
Old 02-20-2007, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_kathy View Post
I really doubt it. I'm in the NYC metro area and was watching a local political analyst on the news. They were saying that a great majority of Republicans outsite NY only know him as the 9/11 mayor. They don't know that he is for civil unions, gun control, and a woman's right to choose. Once they hear that, they often don't like him so much.

Additionally, I saw something a few weeks ago where he was in New Hampshire. The interviewer was speaking to a woman in her 50's, well-spoken, registered Republican, who had attended his speaking engagement. She said she liked him and was interested in voting for him in the primary. Then the reporter said, "Do you know his stance on gay rights, gun control and abortion are X, Y, & Z?" Her eyes got huge and she said, "No, I had no idea." The reporter asked if that would change her vote and she said, "Absolutely!"
Agree, most of the NY metro political reporters have been reporting that for a while now.