Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,215
4 members and 1,211 guests
Happy Alum, JayhawkAOII, Low D Flat

Old 01-04-2007, 04:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Purpose

Greetings to all of my Brothers,

After many years of struggle and finally crossing into the light and now being on the other side and seeing the inner workings of the brotherhood as well as hearing and seeing the diverse attitudes of brothers as it pertains to various situations and things within...it now brings to question if we have lost a sense of our purpose....

It is of great question mainly because in light of our historical background ,which thankfully myself and my brothers were well educated in, it seems that we ourselves have lost our way by getting caught up in our own egoes. So maybe it is just me but does anyone else feel that we need to revisit the foundations on which we our brotherhood was laid...and what we are truely about.

It seems that we fight amongst ourselves about things that none of us really control as well as ...focus on the things that amount to nothing as opposed to those things on which our very brotherhood is built.

I mean HAVE WE TAKEN STEPS BACKWARDS???????
Old 01-11-2007, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpose View Post
Greetings to all of my Brothers,

After many years of struggle and finally crossing into the light and now being on the other side and seeing the inner workings of the brotherhood as well as hearing and seeing the diverse attitudes of brothers as it pertains to various situations and things within...it now brings to question if we have lost a sense of our purpose....

It is of great question mainly because in light of our historical background ,which thankfully myself and my brothers were well educated in, it seems that we ourselves have lost our way by getting caught up in our own egoes. So maybe it is just me but does anyone else feel that we need to revisit the foundations on which we our brotherhood was laid...and what we are truely about.

It seems that we fight amongst ourselves about things that none of us really control as well as ...focus on the things that amount to nothing as opposed to those things on which our very brotherhood is built.

I mean HAVE WE TAKEN STEPS BACKWARDS???????

Are you a new brother? Seems so. If that is the case, let me share 3 words with you....discretion, discretion, discretion. This is not an Alpha only board.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to nonchalant
Is that really considered putting out too much information and not being discreet? Everyone knows that things have changed across the board with D9 orgs and their founding principles amongst certain members. It's even been discussed in GC threads. It's not like he pointed out chapters, lines, and/or members. Just wondering.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpose View Post
It's called HUMANITY. You knew about it before you crossed so don't act brand new.

I am skeptical of Neos or newer members with opinions. LOL. You haven't been in the fold long enough to get a full perspective. This should be an exciting time in which your eyes are wide open to all the possibilities--even if they aren't presented to you in a rosey package. Spend less time being a critic and armchair theorist and spend more time in the trenches, living out this lifetime commitment. That will give you less time to sit around pondering about why the dandelions don't always grow in the fields. When you're working hard others will follow suit--or they won't but that won't stop you from doing what you need to do even if you have to make some changes in the chapter or go outside of your chapter.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ You're on a roll today.

And oh yeah... IN BEFORE THE LOCK!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
^^^ You're on a roll today.
Blame it on seeing Stomp the Yard last night.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonchalant View Post
Is that really considered putting out too much information and not being discreet? Everyone knows that things have changed across the board with D9 orgs and their founding principles amongst certain members. It's even been discussed in GC threads. It's not like he pointed out chapters, lines, and/or members. Just wondering.
Yes, it's called "Organizational Business". Nothing to do with secrets or whatever else people who do not belong to organizations imagine we have going on, it's just a matter of keeping Alpha business "Alpha Business". That's all I have to say about that.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Amen...

Well spoken PearlGirl. You have said all that needs to be said about this subject.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice O-Six View Post
Well spoken PearlGirl. You have said all that needs to be said about this subject.
But who are you? Can you please introduce yourself in one of the appropriate introduction threads?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Of Fraternal Bonds....

Purpose,

What's up Bruh? Welcome to the greek world, and note that, this world is not unlike that of any other world in which we exist, with its complexities, difficulties and its many variants on how we, the many brothers in this 'hood, define the thing that we all have assembled for to begin with, BROTHERHOOD. You must always take into consideration, the Esprit de Fraternite, when considering how to respond to issues like the ones that you spoke of, or questioned. I've been a Bruh since 1991, and I will tell you like the Old Heads that made us, told us:
"Alpha is what you make of it. There is no perfect machine, just human beings questing to walk in the footsteps of the one true perfect Being. Once you have crossed the Sands, and are a part of the family, it comes down to whom you were before entering into the realm of A Phi A, and since Alpha seeks no man, always remember that Alpha didn't draft you. You came willingly, seeking the light, so act like you belong there, and bring with you, all of the class and distinction that Alpha demands of you and from you. And if things around you in the Alpha world aren't to your liking, you must work to change the dynamics of it, questing for positivity".
Always remember, that some chapters tend to have their own standard, though each chapter is beholden unto the mother organization, and its standard. Also, some things are better left in the locker room Bruh. Introduce yourself to the family, if you have not. Lastly young Bruh, when it comes to brotherhood and the makings of that thing which ties and binds us all, a mantra that I live by, defines it very well for me:

"When it comes to operating as a Bruh, excellence is in being, not in becoming".

"06!"
the 7th Son of Osiris
The Infamous Delta Xi Chptr
Central State Univ., Ohio

Last edited by 7thSonofOsiris; 01-15-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you Frat - I suggest that Brothers committed to being of service to our community will do just that in spite of internal challenges within Alpha. In fact, I'm in more than 10 or so groups and the same inner business occurs. To that end, keep looking toward the light and Alpha will always guide you!!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

My apologies, Alpha Men.

I'm so accustomed to looking at the "New Posts" that I don't always notice when it's in a particular group's forum or addressed to a particular group (i.e. "Greetings to all of my Brothers") .
Old 01-19-2007, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Your comments were welcomed . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
My apologies, Alpha Men.

I'm so accustomed to looking at the "New Posts" that I don't always notice when it's in a particular group's forum or addressed to a particular group (i.e. "Greetings to all of my Brothers") .