Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 1,061
3 members and 1,058 guests
navane

Old 09-20-2006, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkandGreenJ View Post
My undergrad had a KD clone. Colors, even name were similar. They went national- but to Chi O. Weird. (not that Chi O is weird- just their decision since it seemed like they so wanted KD. )
CLEARLY you think KD is WEIRD How unPanhellenic!

/just teasing
Old 09-21-2006, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My undergrad had a KD clone. Colors, even name were similar. They went national- but to Chi O. Weird. (not that Chi O is weird- just their decision since it seemed like they so wanted KD. )
It's possible that, AT THAT TIME, KD was committed to other 'ventures' and did not want to (or was unable to) pursue a colony at that location. Or maybe they just plain "din't wanna".

I know of a local in an "up north" campus that wanted to affiliate with an NPC, but the vast majority of the NPCs said "no" due to the lack of alumnae support in the area. I think 2 or 3 were "interested", but I think the thing essentially fizzled and now they are still a local. FWIW, they seem to be thriving and doing okay, so there you go.
http://www.geocities.com/sorority_un.../national.html

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 09-21-2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

That website hasn't been updated since 2001. Do you know first hand that "they seem to be thriving and doing okay"?

Last edited by SoCalGirl; 09-21-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePie2000 View Post
It's possible that, AT THAT TIME, KD was committed to other 'ventures' and did not want to (or was unable to) pursue a colony at that location. Or maybe they just plain "din't wanna". [/url]
Yeah, I think it was a "didn't wanna" b/c KD was one of the chapters that presented to them, if I remember correctly. It was years ago and I am an old lady....jk.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yeah, I think it was a "didn't wanna" b/c KD was one of the chapters that presented to them, if I remember correctly. It was years ago and I am an old lady....jk.
Just because a sorority makes a presentation does not mean that they pursued it further. The girls could have chosen KD but KD decided not to continue, so they went with another group. Simple speculation though.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
That website hasn't been updated since 2001. Do you know first hand that "they seem to be thriving and doing okay"?
As far as I know, they are still a local, but they know call themselves "Alpha Pi Beta". (Before, I think they just referred to themselves as "The Sorority").
I was in touch with one of the gals there for a little bit, and then I think she and I flipped emails once or twice in January 2005. So I think that they are still operating.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
Just because a sorority makes a presentation does not mean that they pursued it further. The girls could have chosen KD but KD decided not to continue, so they went with another group. Simple speculation though.

Very true...but if I remember right, they did. And, the school's Panhel was so surprised at the Chi O decision that they had an extra meeting with the local asking about KD specifically b/c of the similarities and strength of the sisterhood.

I don't really know too much about it now...just what happened then somewhat b/c my little was on Panhel at the time. Anyway, I don't think the Chi O chapter is doing that great on the campus eventhough it is a strong national sorority. I don't think they made quota this year.