Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,351
2 members and 1,349 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 09-10-2006, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Letters of Recommendation?

I'm a Delta of another breed (Tri Delta.) My husband's sister is attending Truman State University and has met some DZs she really enjoyed. She is a fantastic person with all the attributes a sorority can appreciate (hard working, kind, cute, 4+ GPA, extremely musically talented--she has a near-full-ride for her piano, trumpet, flute, and singing talents!). Unfortunately, she's shy and isn't comfortable just coming right out and asking about the possibility of membership.

I am wondering if Delta Zeta accepts letters of recommendation? Tri Delta did, and it was very helpful to us in finding just the right new members. If so, does anyone know to whom I should address my letter?

Good luck to you ladies during recruitment! To this day I remember how fun, nerve-racking, emotional, and exciting recruitment week was!
Old 09-10-2006, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Martine-
Your sister sounds like a terrific young lady, who any sorority would be proud to call a sister. I don't know if there's an official policy re. accepting recs from non-DZs, but I see no reason why the chapter @ Truman State wouldn't accept a Panhellenic Recommendation from a member of a different sorority...I know my chapter did, and it always challenged us to try even harder to get her!

I don't know the chapter's address, but you might be able to get it from someone in the Truman State Greek Life office...

Good luck to your sister, in whatever she does!