Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,471
0 members and 1,471 guests
No Members online

Old 05-21-2001, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Alpha Xi's @ shsu update

Oh my gosh! We loved them. For those who have been following my local organization wanting to affiliate with one of the 3 sororities who were invited to come to my campus, I have great news! I am so giddy, I can't sit still. We had our meeting with Alpha Xi Delta reps (Alicia and Gretchen), and they were sooooooo nice, they rocked! I don't even know where to begin. They said that they were highly impressed with all that we have accomplished and how prepared we were for the meeting. They seemed to really like us, and they said that they felt like they knew so much about us...even on a personal level. Trust me the feeling was mutual. We had a binder full of our info (constitution, info, requirement, philanthropy activities, etc) and they were blown away. Some of our alumni were able to make it down, which impressedthem to, because we had their support. They seemed to be impressed with the obstacles that we had to face and us overcoming them. It was just truly an exciting experience. More importantly, the feelings seemed to be mutual on both sides of the table. It's almost midnight, and I'm sooo tired (long hours of preparing for this thing) and I need to go to bed, but I just had to post this message tonight! We still have a couple of meetings with two other orgs, but we still feel alpha xi delta in our heart...when you know you know right? I'll keep you updated on what the extension committee voted on...hopefully I'll be calling you all my sisters!
Old 05-21-2001, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

That's wonderful to hear. I'm glad that you liked them and they liked you also. It would be so exciting to have a whole new chapter of Fuzzies. Good luck.

Xi Love,
Mindy
Old 05-21-2001, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I'm so happy that you had such a great meeting with the reps. I got to meet Gretchen last fall during our recruitment, and she's truly one of my favorite girls from nationals. She rocks!!! And if she said that she was impressed...then she really meant it because she is definitely a woman that says what she thinks and never holds back. Let's hope that soon your screen name will be alphaxishsu. Hahaha!!! Good luck!!!
Old 06-15-2001, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Any update date on this? Has a group been chosen yet? If not, does anyone know when a choice will be announced?

Old 06-15-2001, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Panhellenic voted on it about a week and a half ago but the three groups won't hear back from the campus for another week or so. I assume that even though PH has voted on it, it still has to be approved by the administration.

[This message has been edited by AlphaXiGirl (edited June 15, 2001).]
Old 06-19-2001, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, just wanted to say I am new to the site, but so far, I love it. I am from Southwest Texas State, Delta Psi chapter. If SHSU gets an AXiD chapter, that is great! I originally am from Houston and not to many Texans have heard of us. We need a bigger representation. I think if Sam could get a chapter and maybe SMU or Texas Tech, then We would dominate Texas. I have so many friends from high school that attend SH and they love it, it would be great to see some of them become my sisters. Keep me posted on all the updates!
-Chatterbox-
Old 06-28-2001, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm dying to hear what has happened on this subject. Please let us know what the outcome is.

------------------
"Would you not like to be sitting on top of the world with your legs hanging free?" -- Dave Matthews
Old 07-01-2001, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hi ladies! I haven't forgotten about you all. Panhellenic voted, but hasn't told us who the vote was for until they make an official invitation to the sorority they chose. Right now, they are trying to secure some things with housing(from what I hear, that is almost taken care of :-)) and meeting with some administratives. As soon as I hear something, you all will be one of the first I tell B-) Have a great week!!
Old 08-17-2001, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

hey ladies. we should know next week for sure if my local will affiliate with the new national. our greek advisor hasn't told us too much, but as far as i know (the gossip on campus) alpha xi delta was invited to shsu, and they accepted...i could be wrong, but this is what i've heard thru the grapevine...so congrats to you all. like i said we will know about us next week, so my fingers are crossed! i heard you all had convention not too long ago, and i hope those who went had a good time! good luck during recruitment, and i'll post again (hopefully with even better news) next week! take care!
Old 08-29-2001, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

siglambshsu:

I was just wondering what happened with Alpha Xi Delta with your chapter and your campus. Give us an update as soon as you get the chance. I hope it worked out for you.

~Mindy
Old 09-21-2001, 09:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
Have we heard anything about being at SHSU?
Old 12-11-2001, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kristiAZD
Oh, I'm dying to know what happened! I haven't seen anything on the national website, just about UK re-establishing. I hope everything went well! Even if they didn't affiliate with Alpha Xi Delta, I would love to know which one they did end up with.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
Tri-Sigma was invited to colonize at SHSU. They will not be affiliating with the local that wanted (orginally) to affiliate with AXiD. Tri-Sigma is encouraging the members of the local sorority to go through formal recruitment. If you check the New Sorority on Campus thread in Greek Life, you can read more about it.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.