Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,373
0 members and 1,373 guests
No Members online

Old 06-25-2006, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Cool Yippy Skippy! Convention Awards!!

Convention awards have already been posted on Anchors Online! For the 2nd consecutive time, my collegiate chapter, Eta Kappa has won the Web Site award!! Yay! Our second convention ever and we walk away with the award once again! I'm excited...

Sorry to toot my own horn, but Chris is on an airplane right now so I have no one to gush about it to! haha

Congrats to ALL convention award winners!!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

We won best electronic newsletter

Yeah! I am the newsletter person for my alumnae chapter. I just found out tonight we won!!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Hooray! to both of you - that's fabulous!
WhiteDaisy, will you post the link to your collegiate chapter so we can all gush over it without having to go searching?

eta: I'm looking at it right now! It is completely adorable! Love all the pink!

Last edited by notyouraverage; 06-27-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraverage
Hooray! to both of you - that's fabulous!
WhiteDaisy, will you post the link to your collegiate chapter so we can all gush over it without having to go searching?

eta: I'm looking at it right now! It is completely adorable! Love all the pink!
Here it is: http://www.ncsudeltagamma.org/
Here is the Fort Worth Alumnae Chapter (who won the alumnae award): http://deltagamma-fw.com/

Ironically, I was the one that reviewed the Fort Worth Chapter for the Web review team.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Next convention site?

Where did they announce it will be?
Old 06-28-2006, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Desert Springs, CA in 2008!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Here are the results of all the Convention Awards.......

The Order of the Delta Gamma Rose went to Fern Holland (Alpha Iota - Oklahoma) who was murdered in Iraq two years ago. The presentation was amazing. Her sister was there to accept the award and brought up 3 of Fern's chapter sisters and best friends to also say something about her. The award has been given to Alpha Iota to put in their chapter house in memory of Fern and the work that she did to help others.

Outstanding Alumnae Programming Award went to the following:
Division 1 (up to 60 dues-paying members) : Richardson-Plano Alumnae
- finalists for this award were...Ann Arbor, Arlington, Central New Jersey, Detroit West Suburban, Glendale-Burbank, Northern Colorado, Pittsburgh South Hills, and Spokane.

Division 2 (60-100 dues-paying members) : New York Alumnae
- finalists for this award were...Austin, Clearwater, Desert Empire, Fort Worth, Nashville, Saddleback, San Francisco, and Topeka.

Division 3 (100+ dues-paying members) : Portland Suburban Alumnae
- finalists for this award were...Dallas Day, Denver, Indianapolis, Northern Virginia, Phoenix, San Diego, South Bay, and St. Louis.

Alumnae Membership Development Award went to Phoenix Alumnae
- runner up was San Francisco, and finalists were Central New Jersey, Cincinatti, Dallas Day, Ft. Worth, Honolulu, Indianapolis, Nashville, Norman, Portland Suburban, San Diego, San Fernando Valley, Washington D.C.

Collumnae Award went to the following:
At-a-Distance Winner: Portland Suburban Alumnae, Runner-Up: Atlanta
- finalists for this award were...Honolulu and San Fernando Valley

Nearby Winner: Fort Worth Alumnae, Runner-Up: Cleveland East
- finalists for this award were...Ann Arbor, Carolina, Central New Jersey, Cincinnatti, Cleveland West Shore, Dallas NW Suburban, Dallas Night, Indianapolis, Nashville, New York City, Norman Upstate, Northern Virginia, Phoenix, Richardson-Plano, San Diego, San Fernando Valley.

Patricia Peterson Danielson Awards!
Region 1 Winners :Epsilon Beta-Bucknell, Epsilon Pi-Connecticut, Epsilon Psi-Rutgers, Zeta Alpha-Villanova, Zeta Delta-Rochester, Zeta Theta-Columbia

Region 2 Winners : Beta Theta-Duke, Delta Omicron-Morehead State, Delta Rho-Virginia Tech, Zeta Gamma-Richmond

Region 3 Winners : Alpha Psi-Mississippi, Gamma Zeta-Louisiana State, Gamma Theta-Florida, Delta Lambda-Mississippi State

Region 4 Winners : Eta-Akron, Xi-Michigan, Alpha Omicron-Miami (Ohio), Alpha Tau-Butler, Beta Zeta-Denison, Beta Mu-Bowling Green, Gamma Epsilon-Kent State, Gamma Iota-DePauw, Theta Beta-Case Western

Region 5 Winners : Iota-Illinois, Kappa-Nebraska, Lambda-Minnesota, Mu-Missouri, Sigma-Northwestern, Alpha Epsilon-Washington University (St. Louis), Alpha Zeta-Lawrence, Alpha Theta-North Dakota, Alpha Lambda-Drake, Gamma Upsilon-Wichita State, Eta Theta-St. Louis

Region 6 Winners : Alpha Iota-Oklahoma, Alpha Upsilon-Southern Methodist, Beta Eta-Texas, Gamma Sigma-Houston, Gamma Tau-Texas Christian, Eta Gamma-Texas A&M

Region 7 Winners : Beta-Washington, Alpha Phi-British Columbia, Beta Delta-Colorado College

Region 8 Winners : Gamma-UC Berkeley, Alpha Nu-USC, Zeta Iota-Chapman, Eta Alpha-Pepperdine

"The Maggie" (traditional) and "The e-Maggie" (electronic) Newsletter Award went to the following:
"The Maggie" Alumnae Chapter winner was Fort Worth, finalists were Denver, Portland Suburban, and San Diego.

"The e-Maggie" Alumnae Chapter winner was Chicago NW Suburban, finalists were Boston and New York City.

"The Maggie" Collegiate Chapter winner was Kappa-Nebraska, finalists were Epsilon Sigma-San Diego State and Eta Alpha-Pepperdine.

"The e-Maggie" Collegiate Chapter winner was Zeta Eta-Texas State, San Marcos, finalists were Alpha Sigma-UCLA and Epsilon Mu-College of William and Mary.

The Barbara Nussa Boersma Outstanding Web Site Award went to the following:
Alumnae winner: Fort Worth http://deltagamma-fw.com
-finalists were...Ann Arbor http://www.annarbordgalum.com, Atlanta http://www.deltagammaatlanta.org, Denver http://denverdg.org, Nashville http://www.deltagammanashville.com, San Diego http://www.sandiegodeltagamma.org

Collegiate winner: Eta Kappa-North Carolina State http://www.ncsudeltagamma.org
-finalists were...Alpha Phi-British Columbiahttp://www.deltagammaubc.ca, Beta Delta-Colorado College http://www.coloradocollege.edu/Stude...les/Page1.html, Beta Kappa-Kansas http://www.ku.edu/~deltagam, Delta Lambda-Mississippi State http://www.msstate.edu/org/dg/index.htm, Nu-Idaho http://www.uidaho.edu/deltagamma.

George Banta Award winner was Eta Theta-St. Louis
-finalists were Eta Iota-University of Nevada-Reno, Eta Kappa-North Carolina State University, Delta Sigma-Auburn, and Theta Beta-Case Western.

Honorable Chapter Award winner was Delta Lambda-Mississippi State. First Runner-Up was Zeta Xi-Alabama,Birmingham and Second Runner-Up was Kappa-Nebraska.
-finalists were Chi-Cornell, Gamma Theta-Florida, Gamma Sigma-Houston, Delta Rho-Virginia Tech, Zeta Alpha-Villanova, Zeta Gamma-Richmond, Eta Gamma-Texas A&M.

Roberta Abernathy Award winner was Alpha Lambda-Drake

Frankie Ladley Wakefield Parnassus Award winner was Beta Delta-Colorado College
-Runner-ups were Beta Eta-Texas and Kappa-Nebraska.
-Finalists were Gamma-UC Berkeley, Nu-Idaho, Theta-Indiana, Chi-Cornell, Alpha Epsilon-Washington University (St. Louis), Alpha Lambda-Drake, Alpha Nu-USC, Alpha Sigma-UCLA, Beta Tau-Miami (Florida), Gamma Theta-Florida, Delta Lambda-Mississippi State, Epsilon Gamma-Virginia, Epsilon Xi-Lafayette, Zeta Alpha-Villanova, Zeta Gamma-Richmond, Zeta Delta-Rochester, Zeta Theta-Columbia, Zeta Phi-Harvard, Theta Beta-Case Western.

Founders Award was given to the following:
Division 1 (up to 65 members) winner: Alpha Phi-British Columbia
-finalists were Eta-Akron, Alpha Zeta-Lawrence, Alpha Rho-Ohio Wesleyan, Beta Delta-Colorado College, Beta Upsilon-Oregon State, Gamma Beta-Tulsa, Gamma Sigma-Houston, Gamma Upsilon-Wichita State, Delta Zeta-Memphis, Delta Omicron-Morehead State, Zeta Theta-Columbia, Eta Lambda-New Mexico State, Theta Beta-Case Western.

Division 2 (66-95 members) winner: Alpha Lambda-Drake
-finalists were Gamma-UC Berkeley, Lambda-Minnesota, Alpha Eta-Whitman, Alpha Theta-North Dakota, Beta Gamma-Utah, Beta Mu-Bowling Green, Beta Sigma-Maryland, Gamma Epsilon-Kent State, Epsilon Mu-College of William and Mary, Epsilon Xi-Lafayette, Epsilon Psi-Rutgers, Zeta Delta-Rochester, Zeta Iota-Chapman, Eta Kappa-North Carolina State.

Division 3 (96-140 members) winner: Eta Theta-St. Louis
-finalists were Beta-Washington, Kappa-Nebraska, Sigma-Northwestern, Alpha Sigma-UCLA, Alpha Tau-Butler, Beta Zeta-Denison, Beta Theta-Duke, Beta Xi-Michigan State, Beta Tau-Miami (FL), Delta Rho-Virginia Tech, Epsilon Beta-Bucknell, Epsilon Pi-Connecticut, Zeta Gamma-Richmond, Eta Alpha-Pepperdine.

Division 4 (141 or more members) winner: Alpha Nu-USC
-finalists were Iota-Illinois, Mu-Missouri, Xi-Michigan, Alpha Epsilon-Washington University (St. Louis), Alpha Iota-Oklahoma, Alpha Omicron-Miami (Ohio), Alpha Upsilon-Southern Methodist, Alpha Psi-Mississippi, Beta Eta-Texas, Delta Lambda-Mississippi State, Delta Sigma -Auburn, Gamma Alpha-Tennessee, Gamma Xi-Texas Tech, Zeta Alpha-Villanova, Zeta Epsilon-Santa Clara, Eta Gamma-Texas A&M.

Outstanding House Corporation Award winners: Alpha Psi-Mississippi, Sigma-Northwestern, Gamma Sigma-Houston

Premier Alumnae Association Award winner: Houston-Bay Area Alumnae

Outstanding Alumnae Chapter Award went to the following:
Division 1 (up to 60 dues-paying members) winner - Spokane Alumnae
-Runner-Up was San Fernando Valley and finalists were Arlington, Detroit West Suburban, Northern Colorado, and Richardson-Plano.

Division 2 (60-100 dues-paying members) winner - Washington DC
-Runner-Up was San Francisco and finalists were Austin, Cleveland East, Desert Empire, Fort Worth, Nashville, and New York City.

Division 3 (100+ dues-paying members) winner - St. Louis
-Runner-Up was Phoenix and finalists were Dallas Day, Indianapolis, Northern Virginia, Portland Suburban, and San Diego.

Outstanding Collegiate Chapter Award went to the following:
Division 1 (1-6 Panhellenic groups) winner - Delta Lambda-Mississippi State
-Runner-Up was Gamma Sigma-Houston and finalists were Beta Delta-Colorado College, Beta Zeta-Denison, and Delta Omicron-Morehead State.

Division 2 (7-10 Panhellenic groups) winner - Alpha Nu-USC
-Runner-Up was Alpha Psi-Mississippi and finalists were Alpha Tau-Butler, Beta Theta-Duke, and Eta Alpha-Pepperdine.

Division 3 (11 or more Panhellenic groups) winners - Eta Gamma-Texas A&M and Kappa-Nebraska
- finalists were Gamma-UC Berkeley, Iota-Illinois, Beta Eta-Texas, and Gamma Theta-Florida.

If you need any descriptions of the awards, please let me know.....and I'll include them in another post.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Andrea! You are amazing! Thank you for typing all of that out! I love seeing the finalists all listed too! I'm so proud of how strong our great Fraternity is!
Old 06-28-2006, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm wishing I would hgave gone to convention now. California is oh so far away, but I have a whole lifetime of conventions ahead of me too !

And, if you aren't the all-things-DG stalker like me and haven't taken a look at the Fort Worth alumnae page yet, do so immediately. All those pictures are absolutely precious! I especially love the ones from Gamma Tau installation.

Also, I think I should change my name since this one is really just from my recruitment thread, any suggestions? ... Can you tell that I am completely procrastinating on a paper? I think this is the longest post I've ever made on this board.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay!

Convention Awards were so exciting! I am ATC for Beta Delta chapter - Colorado College so it was thrilling to watch their president accept the PPD and the Frankie Ladley Wakefield Parnassus Award!!

Random question: anyone know why the Outstanding Chapter award is given out based on number of Panhellenic chapters on your campus and not chapter size??
Old 07-13-2006, 07:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's the info about the Foundation Awards from Convention. As Duke ATC, I was way proud of my girls (and Ally Ramsey, former Foundation adviser), when Beta Theta tied for the H. K. Stuart!

Congratulations to the following award winners who were honored by the Delta Gamma Foundation at the Delta Gamma Biennial Convention in Orlando, Florida.

H.K. Stuart Spirit of Service Award
Collegiate winners:
Delta Lamdba-Mississippi State
Beta Theta-Duke

Alumnae winner:
Northern Virginia

Faculty Award Winner
Dr. K. Joanna Seberger Forstrom from Spring Hill College

Order of the Golden Anchor Award
Margaret (Maggie) Hess Watkins, Alpha Xi-West Virginia

Overall Giving to the Foundation for the Biennium 2004-2006
Collegiate finalists:
1) Gamma Zeta-Louisiana State University
2) Alpha Psi-University of Mississippi
3) Delta Lambda-Mississippi State University

Alumnae finalists:
1) Greater Kansas City
2) Chicago West Suburban
3) Northern Virginia

Top Ten Labels for Education Winners
Collegiate finalists:
1) Mu-University of Missouri
2) Epsilon Delta-Washington and Jefferson College
3) Beta Zeta-Denison University
4) Eta Kappa-North Carolina State University
5) Eta Gamma-Texas A&M University
6) Zeta Omicron-Wilfrid Laurier University
7) Delta Lambda-Mississippi State University
8) Nu-University of Idaho
9) Alpha Nu-University of Southern California
10) Gamma Iota-DePauw University

Alumnae finalists:
1) Arlington Alumnae Chapter
2) Oklahoma City Alumnae Chapter
3) Northern Virginia Alumnae Chapter
4) Dallas Day Alumnae Chapter
5) Cookeville Alumnae Association
6) Chicago North Shore Alumnae Chapter
7) Centerville Ohio
8) Portland Suburban Alumnae Chapter
9) Fort Myers Area Alumnae Chapter
10) Corpus Christi Alumnae Chapter

Top Three Box Tops for Education Winners
Collegiate chapters:
1) Beta Zeta-Denison University (The Ohio State School for the Blind)
2) Beta Iota-Purdue University (Indiana School of the Blind)
3) Delta Sigma-Auburn University (Alabama Institute for the Deaf & Blind)

Alumnae groups:
1) Northern Virginia Alumnae Chapter
2) Portland Suburban Alumnae Chapter
3) Chicago South Suburban Alumnae Chapter

Top Ten Service Hours:
Collegiate chapters:
1) Eta Kappa-North Carolina State University
2) Alpha Chi-Pennsylvania State University
3) Beta Theta-Duke University
4) Alpha Eta-Whitman College
5) Eta Theta-St. Louis University
6) Eta Gamma-Texas A&M University