GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,573
3 members and 1,570 guests
JayhawkAOII, John

Old 06-03-2006, 05:08 AM
GreekChat Member

"theta Pin"

Ladies, this absolutely breaks my heart. It's too beautiful to wind up in the hands of the general public.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KAPPA-ALPHA-THET...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-04-2006, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

There's a few other threads about pins on ebay.. please read those for a bit of background.

Also, feel free to PM me-I have a lot of experience in buying pins on ebay and from other sources and am happy to share knowledge & also sell to other thetas!

-Kaokite
Old 06-13-2006, 04:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Domino - You will be glad to know I purchased that badge recently. I dealt with the seller directly because the amount he wanted was much higher than a similar badge from 1923 that I purchased from eBay and it was in near perfect condition.

I have rescued a handful of badges recently as I have finally been able to afford it. My sister is a Gamma Phi Beta and also rescues GPhiB badges as much as she can.

A frustrating one was a Theta badge & pledge pin I just purchased from a woman who turned out to be the original owner & initiated back in 1954. I have a feeling she was terminated or resigned because she mentioned only wearing the badge once. However, I am glad that it didn't go to a collector.

I didn't manage to win a Theta badge that was recently for sale. The winner seems to be an AGD based on the other items she has purchased. I hope she has a Theta relative who will received this badge.

Thanks for keeping an eye out! Feel free to let me know if you come across any Theta badges on eBay.

Katy <kaokite> is a great rescuer too!
Old 06-14-2006, 03:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Girls! I'm so glad there are Theta's out there trying to snatch these up. I'm really new to GreekChat so I haven't had the opportunity to talk to many people about this. It just really breaks my heart to see something I hold so precious out there for anyone to have. I'm so thankful for people like you!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to fifi225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaSis2GPhiB
I didn't manage to win a Theta badge that was recently for sale. The winner seems to be an AGD based on the other items she has purchased. I hope she has a Theta relative who will received this badge.
Nope, not an AGD, just UCFStefanie 's squirrely big.

(I've collected squirrels since I was little...)

Rest easy everyone, I couldn't get ahold of KAOkite and I needed to get my little sister's wedding present so I hit up eBay. I found a BEAUTIFUL pearl badge! So now, both of my twins have a badge from their big! I had yet another person I was buying a badge from but they recently returned me my money saying they'd "lost it" feh.

You know...we should really keep a list of all of our eBay names. If that hadn't been a buy it now auction, I probably would have had another theta bidding against me to keep me from getting the badge, when I'm a Theta!

...the only person that wins there is the collector!

-Constance

Last edited by fifi225; 06-20-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

If I had been fully up to speed I would have checked back here promptly & seen that singinfifi is a Theta. But we did connect via ebay messages and so now we're on the same page. Constance, I love that you give nice badges to your little sisters...very generous!

There was a lovely & clearly old Theta badge up on ebay recently, along with a 1955 badge from the same chapter. Kaokite was the high bidder at over $1500! It looked to be a turn of the century or perhaps older badge from the Pi chapter @ Albion. I am glad to know that someday (but not soon!) it will be in Theta HQ archives.

Good luck all!
Old 07-10-2006, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaSis2GPhiB
I have rescued a handful of badges recently as I have finally been able to afford it. My sister is a Gamma Phi Beta and also rescues GPhiB badges as much as she can.
Who's your sister (you can pm me)? I helped found our group that rescues badges....