Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,066
1 members and 1,065 guests
No Members online

Old 06-14-2006, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

An update:

I talked to my little and explained that my job won't let me have the day off. (I did actually ask.) She understood and was happy that I called because I'm apparently the first person from Cali to contact her since she made the decision.

She might be coming out here during the summer with her fiance so we can all meet him. So I told her that if she did come out here, I would help her little sis plan a shower for her here for everyone that wouldn't make it out. Or I offered to fly out there for her Utah shower.

But she is stressing with her fiance about money and stuff, so she was delighted to chat.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
I'm glad it all worked out.

Can I ask a question about your job? How did you get started in the company? Was it all networking?

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 06-15-2006, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

It was a really funny story... I got a degree in design and was part of an alumni yahoo group from school. The marketing director of my company posted a job opening mentioning a balance of design work and event planning. Turns out my job is almost 80% events, which worked out nice because I don't really want to focus on design anymore.

But I started volunteering and going to a lot of off-site events for animal shelters and event planning for other organizations. So that was my "experience."
Old 06-16-2006, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMarie
It was a really funny story... I got a degree in design and was part of an alumni yahoo group from school. The marketing director of my company posted a job opening mentioning a balance of design work and event planning. Turns out my job is almost 80% events, which worked out nice because I don't really want to focus on design anymore.

But I started volunteering and going to a lot of off-site events for animal shelters and event planning for other organizations. So that was my "experience."
I'm doing Sports, Entertainment and Event Managment.

As much as I love the sports side of it, I'm looking more to get into a mix of the sports and event managment. I'm thinking about doing my externship (same thin as an interenship) out in Southern Cali, because I want a chance from the North East.

Patriae Multae Spes Una