GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,140
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, LatexXUK
» Online Users: 986
2 members and 984 guests
KatieKate1244, MTSUGURL

Old 06-05-2006, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Eating Disorders Awareness

Hey y'all! This is my first message, but I'm a longtime lurker... thanks for all the advice, I'm practically a GC addict. I wanted to get y'all's feedback on an event I'm planning.

I'm the chair of career & personal development for my chapter, and we're having an eating disorders awareness forum. Some mental health professionals, campus officials, etc. are coming to increase awareness and prevention of eating disorders, particularly for women. I really want to maximize attendance of this, because it's such an important issue and so relevant to collegiate women, and especially Greeks, according to the statistics I've seen. Have any of y'all planned or attended an event like this? I was a little disappointed because my chapter president vetoed some of my ideas; she's concerned about getting good attendance before we go all out, which is understandable. Any advice about publicity, other resources, or whatever you can think of would be VERY much appreciated!

Thanks guys! Have a great week!
Old 06-05-2006, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi. You might want to consider connecting with your school's Health Services department or Student Health program (or whatever they happen to call it). They might have good avenues for spreading the word and expert advice to add credibility to your event.

Good luck! This is an important issue.

Be a Volunteer!