GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,469
2 members and 1,467 guests
LaneSig, lauren_ash0

Old 11-05-2001, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Soccer players

Okay well my little brother is a soccer player and his birthday is coming up. He has been wanting some soccer shoes and my dad wants to buy them for him.... thing is we cant find them in the color he wants or his size. So, what I want to know is, are there any soccer players that have bought soccer shoes online, and if so- what's the internet address? I have already done a search for those shoes but i havent had any luck. My brother has already seen them in person, but they didnt have his size. By the way, he wants some Valsport White Fuoriclasse.
Old 11-05-2001, 05:16 PM
UMgirl

Try the following

Dicks Sports

Dunhams

Champs
Old 11-06-2001, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

A great sporting place or place to order from rather is eastbay. They have it all and have good prices. I used to order from them all the time for my spikes and cleates and stuff so I am sure they can help you and if they don't have the color they work with you o find the color or a placeEastbay
hope that helps
DGPhoney~
Old 11-08-2001, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, being a soccer player myself I know that you won't be able to get any decent selection of soccer cleats from any of the places that other people have listed--those people unfortunetly don't realize how anti-soccer so many chain retailers remain. So you have to go to a soccer specific store or website. The best website is http://www.soccer.com and then click on shop. I don't know if you have to register in order to purchase stuff from Eurosport (the gear company that has partnered with the site) but I will tell you I've ordered from Eurosport before and their service is very good if you have a legitimate complaint.

Oh and I already checked to see if they had the shoe your brother wanted (why he would ever want valsport though is beyond me , but whatever) and they do have the white pair.
Old 11-08-2001, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard
Are you kidding?
White Vahlsports are like right up with Calcio, Umbro Speciali, and Adidas Profi as being the most pimp, as well as best shoes on the market. I've got the Predator Accelerators (or whatever they've since changed names to), but am just wainting for the day for Profi's to come in white, and if that doesn't happen, then it's Vahlsports.

Visit: BackSeat SandBar & MySpace
Old 11-08-2001, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all for your responses. Eurosport does have them, but not in his size. We tried looking everywhere and they either didnt have them or not in his size. He also likes the nike zoom air in white, so we got him those. My dad gave it to him yesterday, his bday isnt until the 18th, so he could wear them in the game on saturday! So it was a happy ending afterall
Old 11-08-2001, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard
Boo

Nike? I would definitely preferrably play against a team with all metal studs while I play barefoot than wear Nike soccer boots (or nike anything, for that matter). Needless to say, I don't support their imposing upon the game of soccer, they should leave a few markets alone, and soccer should be one of them imho.

Visit: BackSeat SandBar & MySpace
Old 11-08-2001, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Have to agree w/ SigmaChiCard about the Nike issue--their boots don't hold up as well, nor are they as good. I'd have to choose Kappa or Kelme Duende's or some classic Copa's as the shoe of choice. Oh well, some people care more about style than performance...
Old 11-08-2001, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I think Valsport is a better shoe too, but we didnt find them and he did like the Nike ones anyway. He treats his shoes pretty well- besides, he is 13.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

A bit late but...

Thes people are my stalkers. I get emails from them weekly.

Good stuff tho...

S O C C E R . C O M
P R E S E N T S
SUBSCRIBE TO TOTAL SOCCER INTERNATIONAL
================================================== =====================
| http://www.soccer.com |

TOTAL SOCCER INTERNATIONAL: WE'RE BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!
================================================== =============
Would you like to subscribe to the new TOTAL SOCCER INTERNATIONAL catalog that is
packed with high quality soccer gear and tons of great values? Send an email along with
your complete mailing address information (full name, street address or post office box,
city, state, & zip) to tsi@soccer.com and we'll send a catalog out to you right away!

TSI stands for TOTAL SOCCER INTERNATIONAL.

That means we stand for everything soccer, everywhere. We are here to serve
the needs of the true soccer lover, bringing you the finest soccer gear
available from around the world.

If you were familiar with us in the past you will find the same great selection of products
backed by the same commitment to customer service. If you were not familiar with us,
then welcome! Take a look through our catalog or check out SOCCER.COM; if you
love soccer we are sure we have something that will interest you.

Click on the link below for the TOTAL SOCCER INTERNATIONAL section on SOCCER.COM
and for unbeatable savings!
Click Here

HTTP://WWW.SOCCER.COM
THE CENTER OF THE SOCCER UNIVERSE

__________________________________________________ _____
Questions? Customer Service Inquiry?
Send us an email: custserv@sportsendeavors.com
Or call us at 1.800.950.1994
Old 11-28-2001, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Have you tried EuroSport? My kids played soccer since they were
in first grade. We usually got them aididas (sp?) due to the cut & shape by the ankle bone. Our rec teams usualy ordered from them as well.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks lifesaver and JAM, we actually tried both websites and they didnt have them or they didnt have his size. He loves the Nike one though. Actually, my dad and my brother both love Eurosport and we get the catalog in the mail every month or so.