Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,344
0 members and 1,344 guests
No Members online

Old 02-02-2006, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Just thinking ...

Just something I've been thinking about tonight.

"Support Your Sisters" - Do we all really do that as well as we could? Just in our attitudes and the things that we say, are we really that supportive? I know I haven't been very good about this lately ...

Sorry, I'm just feeling contemplative and kind of sad about this, and felt like sharing.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
(((OPhiARen3)))

I've been thinking the same thing recently. It's been five years since I graduated from USC. In the last few years, I haven't really kept in touch with my O Phi A sisters. I don't even really keep up with the chapter's doings (which is why I can't answer what they are doing for rush). I know there were some things that happened while I was there and some things that I were against, but I wouldn't give up my experience in O Phi A because it's made me the person I am today.

Could anyone help me in this? Chi Chapter does not have a web site (as far as I know) and how should I be able to approach those I've lost contact with?

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 02-03-2006, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jitterbug13
(((OPhiARen3)))

I've been thinking the same thing recently. It's been five years since I graduated from USC. In the last few years, I haven't really kept in touch with my O Phi A sisters. I don't even really keep up with the chapter's doings (which is why I can't answer what they are doing for rush). I know there were some things that happened while I was there and some things that I were against, but I wouldn't give up my experience in O Phi A because it's made me the person I am today.

Could anyone help me in this? Chi Chapter does not have a web site (as far as I know) and how should I be able to approach those I've lost contact with?
Go to Nu Chapter's website - http://www.cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/opa/ and send an email to either our president or our secretary. They are both involved with alumnae relations here, and since Chi is in our district, they should be able to tell you how to contact someone there
Old 02-03-2006, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks! I still get the Chevron and have the organization's P.O. Box. One of the sisters I was very close to is a national officer and another one I still have her e-mail but have not figured out a way to approach them. I would also like to know how my big sis and little sis are doing.

Very nice website!

Old 02-03-2006, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks! I still get the Chevron and have the organization's P.O. Box. One of the sisters I was very close to is a national officer and another one I still have her e-mail but have not figured out a way to approach them. I would also like to know how my big sis and little sis are doing.

Very nice website!
The website is courtesy of Atlanta_OPhiA. She's one of those ubercool web designer chicks - and she's my big sis!

I've decided that facebook.com is the greatest thing ever - it's become no longer weird to contact at random people you haven't seen in years. I just wish that that contact weren't quite so superficial.

Sidenote for those reading this that may not know what facebook.com is: Facebook.com is like Friendster for college students, and I think practically every college student in the U.S. (or at least at a geeky school like GT) has a profile by now.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter's ADO is Anne (also our VP), she should be able to get you in contact with Chi Chapter also.

A Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech - Class of 2007
Old 02-04-2006, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
yeah, I'm on facebook and I'm totally addicted! I know that sounds bad, lol. And through ASU, they have Omega Phi Alpha listed as a residence, but we don't have one in reality. But I like being able to show people, before they look at my profile, that I am a part of OPA!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Chi Chapter does not have a web site (as far as I know) and how should I be able to approach those I've lost contact with?
Chi just updated their website (or put up a new one or something) not too long ago. Here's the link to it: http://www.geocities.com/omegaphialphachi/

I think it's been updated fairly recently. Hope this helps!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and thanks for the props on the website!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for everything! It looks like they are still doing big things at Carolina!