Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,191
0 members and 1,191 guests
No Members online

Old 11-03-2005, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Favorite New Member Memory

It's getting lonely with no new Zeta posts since Halloween! So with our chapters just beginning to initiate our newest sisters here's a question to get us going.

What's your favorite memory from your time as a new member or pledge? No secret stuff here, just the good times that are fit to print!

I'll start...
I went to a school with a small Greek population so there were a whopping (but lucky) nine of us. The night before we were initiated my class spent the night together. Sisters Circles are a very big tradition in our chapter--you pass a lit candle around and everyone says something nice for the occasion, like Senior night. So we decided to have our own Circle that night after the sisters left. For two hours we passed that candle around and shared with each other how our lives had changed already because of Zeta, how much we meant to each other and how excited that by the next day we would be sisters. I still keep in touch with those women. They are some of the best I know!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
There are quite a few things that I really look back on and smile from my NM period. I have to say the "Pledge Class Sleepover" was a highlight! It was a night with the entire pledge class and our new member educator. I don't think I have laughed that much in a long time!!!!

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."