Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,181
0 members and 1,181 guests
No Members online

Old 09-11-2000, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to IL Sis
Talking

Good news girls! We have a poem written! Tonight we are going to present it to the entire chapter and see what they think and as soon as we get all the bugs out we will pass it on!

Quote:
Originally posted by Julie Speight:
Sorry about the delay in response to the scripture I referred to earlier in this topic. It is Ruth 1:16-17. Many of my Sisters have used this in their weddings as well.
Best Wishes.
Old 09-11-2000, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by IL Sis:
Good news girls! We have a poem written! Tonight we are going to present it to the entire chapter and see what they think and as soon as we get all the bugs out we will pass it on!

Great! Can't wait to see it!
Old 07-20-2001, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I just thought I would bump this topic back up to the top since it's time for all of those gorgeous summer weddings. Anybody have sisters getting married this summer? My big sis (our president) is getting married a week from tomorrow. It's basically going to be a huge Sigma Alpha and AGR reunion (fiance' is an AGR alum). Then another sis is getting married in the middle of August. I just wanted to congratulate any of my Sigma Alpha sisters who might be getting married this summer or in the near future. May your married life be filled with many many wonderful memories!!!!

Allison
Old 10-18-2005, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Bringing this to the top.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BFulton
This isn't about weddings specifically, but engagements. (From Beta Chapter)

We don't really have anything we do at the wedding. (At least nothing I have seen) But when a sister gets engaged, she tells the president and we pass the candle after chapter and sing the circle song. Then the newly engaged gets to blow it out and then show off her ring to the whole chapter. It's a lot of fun.
My senior year one of the girls requested the first candle pass in my time as a sister, which I had noticed her ring that morning as we were getting ready for class in the bathroom... it's just one of those things that you don't miss! But it was nice for her to tell everyone at once... and the fact that Gamma doesn't use the circle song made it tough so we just sang out favorite, It Only Takes a Spark *lol*