Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 860
0 members and 860 guests
No Members online

Old 09-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Franchising

Just wondering, has anybody ever consider going into the franchising business? If so, what did you look into?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Ayra,

I have looked into two different types of fast food places. One is family owned and VERY big in Southern California. IN N OUT. Obviously I am not the only person who wants to be part of that gold mine, but IF it ever goes public (which will probably never happen) hopefully I can score one.

I also submitted a proposal and did a presentation a year ago to a Philly Cheesesteak place that started out here in Cali. Very yummy, they seemed inteterested in me but obvioulsy being so young I had no funding what so ever! However, I have remained in contact with the corporate head and they have expressed interest in my ideas of going out of state in a few years. Maybe I am being optimistic, but hopefully I can start a franchise later in the future.

Another industry I have looked into was opening up a real estate brokerage. My dad had his own brokerage so I guess it's only natural. Two college aquintences and I started researching and developing a plan of attack. But we ran into a problem when they wanted to gear their model towards ReMax while I wanted to latch onto a smaller chain.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I looked into a franchise called Computer Moms. It was basically home computer repairs, installations and training sessions for stay at home moms. I also looked into an internet cafe franchise, but thankfully had the foresight to realize that people wouldn't be needing those for too long. A ton of them popped up and then disappeared again.