Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,047
1 members and 1,046 guests
No Members online

Old 07-25-2005, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Brianna, I don't know the specifics of the UA chapter's recolonization-- but know that the timed recolonization is specific to the UA campus and this ADPi chapter at this time.

Typically, when a chapter (any sorority chapter) closes, they go right back into the hopper with the other NPC's hoping to present for expansion at the next expanision solicitiation opportunity, without guarantee that they will be selected for a presentation or final consideration.

Some campuses, however, depending on the Greek adviser and the campus Panhellenic, and the reasons for the chapter closing, can work together to bring the chapter back at a defined point in the future.

For example, on my own campus "ABC" sorority closed one semester after years of their national office working with them to help them grow stronger -- all members granted alumna status-- and immediately reopened and rechartered the following semester with a completely new membership. This was due to the campus climate, the Greek adviser and the receptivity of the Greek Community to supporting this effort.

So it just depends on the campus. For specifics regarding this chapter recolonization, you'd probably get the best information by consulting a member of ADPi District 6 Team. But for the sake of discretion, I would ask that we all refrain from posting specifics of the closing/reopening of our chapters until it is officially greenlighted with an email from HQ or an Adelphean article. There's so much general speculation on the internet these days-- best not to add to the rumor mill just in case. What do you think?

ETA: I changed the name of "ABC" sorority to make then anonymous... no one needs to know their specific business.

Last edited by adpiucf; 07-25-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

adpiucf- thanks for the info.

I have to agree, (with the keeping the specifics to a minimum). I've been told stuff that I probably shouldn't know, but just because I know it doesn't mean I should tell everyone it.

What I can say, the Tucson AA is so ready to get to work on the recolonization effort and the effort has to start now so we can raise some money!!!

I was so lucky that being one of the few Delta Gamma's at convention (there was only 3 of us total) that sisters in the district were willing to give information to me and say "we can't wait to do such and such" and "we need to get money" and so on.

2007 will be here before we know it (although the chapter isn't supposed to be recololnized until 09 a bunch of stuff needs to be in place by 07).

I'm ready for it to be 07 (because I'm actually thinking of moving down to Tucson then) and DEFINATELY ready for it to be 09.

I think right now the hardest thing for me is going to be when recruitment season comes around and we're not there.

But on the other hand each day hurts less and less.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-05-2005, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

SDSU ADPi

Ok, sorry to crash, but since I graduated from SDSU in '04 I know a little about the SDSU ADPis.

First of all, let me say that Eta Sigma had some WONDERFUL women! I got to know three of them when I was on Panhellenic in Fall of '03.

I also could relate to ADPi because SK has struggled a bit for the last few years as well. We had about 55-65 girls, when most of the chapters had 80-90. But, we always managed to stay "afloat."

I think it was hard for ADPi becuase they never had a permanent house that was like all the other chapter houses on campus (anyone from that chapter can correct me, I am just making some comments as an outsider). The first house they lived in was a single family home with apartments in the back of it. It was unlike all the other sororities which had HUGE houses (not apartments) that housed anywhere from 25-40 girls. They eventually moved out of there and then were kind of in limbo with no where to call home. They did end up moving into an old fraternity house and they made it look sooo cute inside, but I think all of the moving and uncertainty created some hardships.

I would love to see ADPi come back, but I know that there is a local (Alpha Epsilon) that is trying to merge with AEPhi and SDSU panhellenic (at least in 03-04) was highly against bringing on another national NPC group. But, that was before ADPi left, so I am not sure of the current status of that.

So all in all, my heart goes out to them. I don't know what I would do if SK closed. I hope maybe they can find a way to get a new house in sorority row and come back on next fall. Much love to ADPI from a SK!!

(edited for my horrible spelling)

"You used Ghostbusters for evil!" - Liz Lemon

Last edited by sigmaK619; 08-05-2005 at 01:16 PM.