Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 1,153
4 members and 1,149 guests
JayhawkAOII, John, Low D Flat

Old 06-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SAEalumnus

Another point to consider, too, is that many entry-level positions don't require a degree in any specific field, only that you've completed a degree. If you find yourself moving toward that kind of career, it doesn't really matter (to your would-be employer, anyway) which major you choose.
Every position out of college is an entry-level position, so what does your post even mean?

For all the people giving out this advice of it doesn't matter, I'd like to see the list of entry-level positions that just need a degree, any degree...heck a warm body would do. Do you go house to house selling knives? Do you answer phones at a customer complaint center?

What a joke the American higher education system has become that there are now a large group of students graduate with over $30K in debt only to make $25K a year, not cover living expenses, and then complain when their jobs are sent overseas because a monkey could do them.

-Rudey
Old 07-04-2005, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Just so you know, the "you should be a lawyer because you like to argue" thing is a very big misconception of the law field. Most lawyers are not Johnny Cochrans. The biggest skill you need in the law profession is writing. If you can't write, you shouldn't be a lawyer. That's why my major is English/Journalism. A lot of people get into Political Science, but that's not necessary if you're not into politics. Anyway, there's a program I took this summer that was AMAZING and it really helped me a lot with giving me a taste of law school. Here's the website: http://www.law.fsu.edu/summer_undergraduates/index.php

ETA: You don't have to be an ethnic minority. There were many who weren't.