Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,406
2 members and 1,404 guests
John, naraht

Old 04-22-2001, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to landergphib00
Post why?

i have always wondered why at different colleges, the same named frat. or sorority are soooo different. i know the people are different, but we all live by our same rules, so why are we all so different
Old 04-23-2001, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphi2k
Quote:
Originally posted by landergphib00:
i have always wondered why at different colleges, the same named frat. or sorority are soooo different. i know the people are different, but we all live by our same rules, so why are we all so different
my school is VERY different than let's say, LSU. If one person from every chapter went around to assist in selection of new sisters, then maybe there would be a bit more uniformity. but that's obviously not going to happen. every school is different, and every group of rushees is different. every state/province (in canada) is different too. Cities within those states and provinces are different, as are the schools. that's why the chapters are different too.
Old 05-10-2001, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to s_leigh20
I have often wondered that myself. My boyfriend is from Wisconsin, and I wanted to visit a gamma phi chapter at a school close to him, but he said that it wasn't a good idea because I probably wouldn't like them. At first I took offence, but think about it...we are all different people. We grow up in different families, towns, and situations. Even though we are all sisters, who share the same ideals, not everyone adheres the the ideals. and not every one takes them as seriously as others. I think the basic reason the chapters are so different is because when we go through rush we are attracted to people we relate to.
Our chapter is very diverse. None of us look like we are "cookie cutter girls". But looking the same may be the norm at a differnt chapter. It really just depends on your personality. But rememeber, that no matter how different we all are, we are all sisters, brought together for reason.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
I don't know about your bf's comment though. I go to school in Wisconsin, born and raised and I've hung around w/ many gamma phi's on many Wisconsin campuses....not all of them are from Wisconsin, and to be honest, they are some of the sweetest girls that I've ever met.

d