GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,584
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,219
2 members and 1,217 guests
gatordeltapgh, John

Old 09-26-2001, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Recolonization??

Hey ladies~

I know that this board is kinda quite, but... One of my friends from high school is a member of a National Sorority at Pittsburgh. She would like to know what the possibililtt of swtiching their nationals could be. Their nationals give them no support or money, as they are kinda shabby to begin with. She would like to know if it is even possible to change nationals, and if so, what is the chance of recolonizing the Pittsburgh Chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta?? Thank you for your time and patience...
Old 09-27-2001, 12:02 AM

Not Theta, but...

I went to Clarion & live in Pgh so I'll stick my nebby nose in. I think Theta at Pitt only closed a year or 2 ago. Some nationals have a rule as to how many years a chapter must be closed before they'll reopen, or that all the closed chapter's members must graduate before they reopen.

As far as switching nationals, BIG NO NO. All the NPC sororities have a mutual agreement to not "take" chapters from each other. The only way they could eventually switch is to go local, wait till all the girls affiliated with national #1 filter out, and then go Theta. And by then it wouldn't be any of the same people.

I know there are a lot of active alum chapters in Pittsburgh, so if your friend's group is having trouble, PLEASE urge her to get in touch with the local alum chapter. They can be a lot of help and the last thing anyone wants to see (especially around here) is another chapter closure.