Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,523
0 members and 1,523 guests
No Members online

Old 07-12-2004, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I am actually one of XOMichelle' pledge sisters. All the info from the previous post applies to me as well.

edited to correct Michelle's nic

Last edited by oncelurked; 07-21-2004 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jams xo 1530
1. Where do you/did you go to school?
--- University of Rhode Island
2. How many Sororities and Fraternities are there on your campus?--- 8 (plus ZTA= 9) AZD, A phi, Phi sig sig, SK, SDT, DZ, A ChiO, ChiO... There are 3 on campus frats currently ChiPhi, Phi kappa Psi, lambda chi alpha the rest are off campus and are too numerous to name

3. Which Fraternities/Sororities do you affiliate with most?--- hmmm... Sig Ep, Sig Pi, are the two frats that the gils like the most...as well as lambda

4. What do you think our reputation is like on your campus?!?!---

We are a laid back group of girls, with many different interests. Alot of very tough majors (nursing, microbiology, pharmacy, etc.) as well as many others. We are on of the smaller houses but this isn't a bad thing because there are some houses with many girls who do not know each other's names... Chio's could pretty much give you their sister's life stories. ..hehe..
Old 08-14-2004, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Addition to Jamie's post on URI above:

There are actually 9 NPC groups at URI.

Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Xi Delta
Alpha Phi
Chi Omega
Delta Zeta
Phi Sigma Sigma
Sigma Kappa
Sigma Delta Tau

There is a local group, ZETA, that attempted to affiliate with ZTA and has not done so at this time (we don't really have a great climate for sorority expansion on our campus, IMO). They are not recognized by Panhel and pretty much do there own thing.

Not trying to jump in and correct you Jamie--but I was like, "What happened to ADPi!!!"....

Last edited by KellyO97; 08-16-2004 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jams xo 1530
whooppss... i was trying to remember them all... i forget about them up in the corner of the circle lol... sorry
Old 08-23-2004, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

No worries! They are kind of tucked away up there, lol.....
Old 10-12-2004, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BellaBerlee
ok, I know I'm a little late, but I just NOW read the "New to Chi-O, Welcome Read first" post, soooo here I'll answer them now

1. University of Central Florida!
2. 10 Sororities...19 frats and 7 mulitcultural/african american
3. none for MYSELF except Chi-O (I'm new to the greek thing)
4. The rep on campus is we're a great group of girls. We don't have a house, so we're not "big timers" with say some of the others, but I don't think we have a bad rep. Of course, I'm a NEW member sooooo I don't know anything, but I don't think people say bad things about us!
"In a word, to be loyal under any and all circumstances to my fraternity and her highest teachings..."
Old 11-17-2004, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to XOvermont
1. Where do you/did you go to school?
2. How many Sororities and Fraternities are there on your campus?
3. Which Fraternities/Sororities do you affiliate with most?
4. What do you think our reputation is like on your campus?!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Univ of New Mexico, Albuquerque
2) 8 sororities (inluding multicultural and local, but 4 are PHC). 12 fraternities(?) (i'm not absolutly sure, they add more every year). despite so many chapters, we have a very small greek community, like 2-5% or so of the total student population.
3) everyone in our house has their indiviual favorites, so there's at least 3 or 4 chi-os who hanging out at each house.
4) i think our reputation is the diverse girls, diverse in friendship, personality, ethnicity, cultural... etc, you name it someone probably has those qualities or does it. but generally i think everyone in the house is a fun creative imaginative person to hang out with.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Ok, So I am new to greekchat and to Chi Omega...I haven't been initiated yet, but I have to say that I am so excited to become a part of this sisterhood. Now for the questions...

1) I am a sophomore at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC. Chi Lambda chapter!
2) There are 5 NPC sororities on campus: Chi Omega, Zeta Tau Alpha, Alpha Delta Pi, Sigma Sigma Sigma, and Delta Zeta. There are 4 fraternities: Kappa Sigma, Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Pi Kappa Alpha, and Tau Kappa Epsilon. ( I believe PKA & TKE aren't considered "active" though.)
3) We pretty much get along with the other sororities. Most of the girls hang around/date Kappa Sigmas.
4) We have the highest GPA on campus, and as such a lot of people tend to think that we constantly have our heads in the books. We definitely have a good-girl reputation, which isn't a bad thing, I don't think. However, we know how to have a good time too! Just from the short time I have been a new member I have never heard anything bad about our chapter, I think most people can see that we have a great sisterhood.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:41 AM
GreekChat Member

So, I've been looking at the boards for the past few years but just now decided to join. I am a new alumna and will be graduating in a couple of weeks. As for my schools stats, here's an update to an earlier post....

1. School I attend:
University of South Florida

2. Number of Sororities and Fraternities:
Sororities: 8 (Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Omicron Pi, Chi Omega, Tri Delta, Delta Gamma, Kappa Delta, Sigma Delta Tau, Zeta Tau Alpha)
Fraternities: 12 (Alpha Epsilon Pi, Alpha Tau Omega, Beta Theta Pi, Chi Phi, Delta Chi, Kappa Sigma, Phi Delta Theta, Pi Kappa Alpha, Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Sigma Chi, Sigma Nu)

3. Who do we affiliate most with?

Our girls hang out with a lot of the different fraternities. But, I think we have the best connection with the Sig Eps since we share a house with them. We'll probably get a lot closer with them this Greek Week when we team up once again.

4. Our reputation?

Well, we are the girls that the guys can take home to mom. We are classy and sophisticated but not stuck up. We are the largest sorority with 97 actives and we are determined to win everything we get involved in. In the last 7 years, we have placed 1st in greek week 6 times and 3rd the other time. The past two years we have gotten 2nd place in Homecoming being 1st amongst the greeks. We've participated and won in other groups philanthropy events, Tri-deltas' Bulls-at-Bat and Sigma Chi's Derby Days just to name a couple. We're well-rounded and hold many positions through out the campus. We've even had sisters on homecoming court.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
3 new posters in November! Welcome, Sisters!
XOvermont, wuchiocutie & ash832 -- Hope you'll visit often & post frequently.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chi-o_gurlie08 Send a message via Yahoo to chi-o_gurlie08
1) West Liberty State College (NU THETA chapter) West Virginia.
2) We have 3 sororities
Alpha Xi Delta
Chi Omega
Delta Theta Kappa
and 5 frats
Chi Nu
Kappa Delta Kappa
Beta Theta Gamma
Delta Zeta Pi
Delta Tau Chi (suspended-inactive)
3)We are the only GLO on campus that really gets along with all of the other groups. Sure, rivalries flare up during Greek Week and Homecoming, but really, we mix with everyone. The DZPs were just founded this year, but we are forming a tight relationship with them and are doing Homecoming with them next year.
4) We are seen as a very diverse group. We get along well with all groups and have had the highest GPA of all the GLOs on campus for YEARS!