Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,569
1 members and 1,568 guests
Mooch279

Old 03-06-2008, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

...Director of Archives?

So we have a Director of Archives position that someone is holding in my chapter...but they don't do anything. Our VP Programming is trying to change that, though. What are some things that the Director of Archives does at your chapter? What are they supposed to do? I'm just trying to get ideas and maybe give some suggestions to our VP Programming. Thanks, ladies!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicflowers View Post
So we have a Director of Archives position that someone is holding in my chapter...but they don't do anything. Our VP Programming is trying to change that, though. What are some things that the Director of Archives does at your chapter? What are they supposed to do? I'm just trying to get ideas and maybe give some suggestions to our VP Programming. Thanks, ladies!
I would think (just guessing)
--Keep chapter photographs, awards, scrapbooks, old composites organized by years, in a safe place (i.e. not thrown in a chapter room closet). I visited a chapter once and all the scrapbooks were just tossed about, some had been ripped up etc. and thought what a shame!

Is there a job description? Have you asked your advisor?

Last edited by DGMarie; 03-06-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

In my chapter the Director of Archives makes a scrapbook every year, takes care of composite arrangements, and maintains the website. Their job should be outlined in the CCOM.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMarie View Post
I would think (just guessing)
--Keep chapter photographs, awards, scrapbooks, old composites organized by years, in a safe place (i.e. not thrown in a chapter room closet). I visited a chapter once and all the scrapbooks were just tossed about, some had been ripped up etc. and thought what a shame!

Is there a job description? Have you asked your advisor?
I have and they told me the same thing that you said, yet the Director of Archives still hasn't really done anything. We have a bunch of scrapbooks but other members made those.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

There is a good description of the responsibilities, resources and records she should keep in the current CCOM (available in the secure area of anchors online). Also, according to the CCOM, the director of archives reports to the vp: communications, not the vp: programming.

If you feel she does know her responsibilities but is choosing not to follow through with her position, then that is a different issue.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedg View Post
There is a good description of the responsibilities, resources and records she should keep in the current CCOM (available in the secure area of anchors online). Also, according to the CCOM, the director of archives reports to the vp: communications, not the vp: programming.

If you feel she does know her responsibilities but is choosing not to follow through with her position, then that is a different issue.
Thank you for this! I actually don't know if she is aware of her responsibilities or not...
Old 03-08-2008, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Give her a copy of the requirements in person and spend some time personally with her going over it to see if this is something she wants to do. I find it a lot easier to work with volunteers who want to do the assignment and give those with second thoughts the chance to opt out. In the end, it is better for both of us!