Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,253
1 members and 1,252 guests
Christos-Cyp

Old 03-01-2008, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

The newest colony

It's great to see the addition of the Fraternity's newest colony, the recolonization of Beta-Pi chapter at Dickinson College, in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, to the active chapters and colonies list on the Fraternity website.

Does anybody know or care to venture a guess as to which school the next colony will be located at? I think it could be the recolonization of Kappa-Pi Chapter at Widener University, just outside Philadelphia, which is the alma mater of WGMC Christian Nascimento. I know that he, and thus the SEC, and thus the people in the Fraternity who have a role in such things, really want to see the restoration of Kappa-Pi Chapter.

But perhaps one of your know of some other school that is to be colonized or recolonized before Widener. If so, please share.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

The University of British Columbia Okanagan is being colonized by an ARM as I write this. It should be announced by the end of the week.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nate2512
Quote:
Originally Posted by stufield View Post
It's great to see the addition of the Fraternity's newest colony, the recolonization of Beta-Pi chapter at Dickinson College, in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, to the active chapters and colonies list on the Fraternity website.

Does anybody know or care to venture a guess as to which school the next colony will be located at? I think it could be the recolonization of Kappa-Pi Chapter at Widener University, just outside Philadelphia, which is the alma mater of WGMC Christian Nascimento. I know that he, and thus the SEC, and thus the people in the Fraternity who have a role in such things, really want to see the restoration of Kappa-Pi Chapter.

But perhaps one of your know of some other school that is to be colonized or recolonized before Widener. If so, please share.
You have a better chance at throwing a dart at a map to figure out the next college.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

nate2512:

You are right, of course. The next colony could be located anywhere. My earlier speculation that it would be at Widener University will not prove accurate, however, as I have since been informed that the Widener administration is, unfortunately, still not agreeable to Kappa Sigma returning to their campus at this time.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Sig has just come back on campus at the University of Tennessee. I keep hearing rumors that they have over 80 men, which is great! Congratulations!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDeltaG View Post
Kappa Sig has just come back on campus at the University of Tennessee. I keep hearing rumors that they have over 80 men, which is great! Congratulations!
That's great, if thats true they should be somewhere close to regaining their charter.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

The Lambda chapter recolonization at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville has already been added to the list of active chapters and colonies on the Fraternity Website. So it does not apply to my question as to what would be the next new colony.

No new colony has, or colonies have, yet been posted on the Website. So the question posed to begin this thread still has not been answered.

The list of the Top 25 Rushing Chapters that is also posted on the Fraternity Website (as is typical of the sloppy way in which much of the Website's contents are prepared and posted, the list is misnamed or incorrectly titled in that it includes not just chapters but also colonies) states that the Lambda colony had pledged 89 men as of March 4, 2008. A very impressive number indeed!

Old 03-11-2008, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

The newest announced colony is at Bentley College. Terrific! It is great to see the Fraternity building on its present strength in the Boston area, with three stalwart chapters at MIT, Boston University, and Northeastern University. Hopefully the Bentley Colony will prosper, soon become a fourth robust Boston-area chapter, and be followed by other colonies in Massachusetts and elsewhere in New England, where the Fraternity is presently underrepresented (i.e., does not have as many active chapters as we should have).
Old 03-29-2008, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Hayden83:

On March 4th you advised that the Okanagan campus of the University of British Columbia was then being colonized by the ARM for the District.

Bentley College was also colonized about the same time, either a few days earlier or thereafter.

Since then no new colonies have been posted on the list of active chapters and colonies on the Fraternity Website. Can you advise if any other colonies have been established but not yet posted, and/or what new colonies are in the process of being established?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbethea View Post
Hey,

They're also looking to colonize at Ashland again to revive the old Theta-Nu chapter. I have also heard rumblings about restarting the Washington and Jefferson chapter (Beta-Delta), Duke (Eta Prime), Yale (Mu-Phi - don't think this one is really a big target but it's at least in the prelim stages), New Hampshire (Beta-Kappa), Maryland (Alpha-Alpha), and Toronto (Delta-Epsilon, again - they just lost their charter). I've seen a list of about 40 just for the northeast and midwest. The list is long of target schools that the arms are supposed to be putting special emphasis on.

AEKDB, Rob.
Damn, I think they need to reign it in just a bit. With such an emphasis on expansion and numbers, I think we lose a certain quality when all this is pushed, what do you guys think?