GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,346
0 members and 1,346 guests
No Members online

Old 04-01-2001, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Insomniacs unite

I haven't slept in 28 hours,
Old 04-01-2001, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Is anyone here a real insomniac? (meaning chronic, not one night)

i'm one---email me if you're one too....i'd love to talk to others about it

Old 04-02-2001, 06:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

!!! Billy I'm worried about you!!!

Get some sleep will ya?

How can you stand it? I get so cranky if I get less than 5 hours! My friends know that they better stay away from me when I get little sleep or at least buy me some coffee! LOL! I would die if I couldn't sleep at least a little in a 24-hour span!

Arghh, it's 3:06 AM Pacific Time and I'm still slaving away over a REALLY boring English Paper...hehe...alright I better get back to it
Actually I might not sleep tonight...cuz I have another paper to finish! Yikes. So I'll keep yaposted

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited April 02, 2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Newbie. You are one of the sweetest girls I've ever met.

Cash78mere. Yeah I'm one. That one was my worst example. An early night for me is one or two am. Its usully later like, 4 or 5 before I doze off.
Old 04-02-2001, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Count me in on the chronic insomnia
Old 04-03-2001, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

THanks Billy Optimist!! hehe
Old 04-03-2001, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Sweet I made you giggle.
Old 04-03-2001, 06:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm one of those types that gets up at 2 a.m.- watches Nick at Night till 5 a.m. - then falls asleep again. Billy- hope you finally got some zzzzzz's
Old 04-03-2001, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by ISU_XO:
I'm one of those types that gets up at 2 a.m.- watches Nick at Night till 5 a.m. - then falls asleep again. Billy- hope you finally got some zzzzzz's
Glad its not just me sue

Actually, I am also a documentary FREAK. I'd get sleep if we didnt have A&E (City confidential is my FAVE - that guy with the CHEAZY analogies, "The ghosts of her past were back...and they wanted revenge.") TLC, The Discovery Channel, Discovery Wings, Discovery Health, Discovery Science, Discovery Civilization, augh! Oh and finally The HistoryChannel,er,the WWII channel. I also have about 8 HBO's and Skinemax (Cinemax) and about 5 Hoetime (Shotime)channels. Dish Network ROCKS! Noggin - With the old school Electric Company, with Morgan Freeman, or Old School Sesame Street. Was I the only one to notice Sesane Streetwas in the Ghetto? Throwin down some 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. Ya'll know what I am saying.

Anyway, I'll watch TV till 2Am, then get up for work at 6:45AM. Run around all day, then nap from 5-7 PM. Start watching TV again.

Help me please.
Old 07-24-2001, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I too am an insomniac. I never go to bed before two AM - when I was in high school I would either go to sleep at two and wake up at 6:30, or fall asleep at eleven and wake up at 4:30. I often lie awake just tossing and turning - I do a lot of late night GCing, documentary watching ( I love those bizzaro ones about stuff like spontaneous human combustion that are always on the discovery channel or TLC in the wee hours of the morning) or reading in futile attempts to fall asleep - oh,and when I do fall asleep, it is more often on the couch/ floor/ guest room bed than in my own bed.
Old 07-24-2001, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

nucutiepie - u'll fit right in to the northwestern scene...there's always ppl wandering around at 4 am.

I'm not so much a chronic insomniac. More prone to the occasional all nighter. My record to date is 43 hours without sleep...don't ask what I did with all that time!
Old 07-24-2001, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel y'all's pain! I absolutely cannot sleep before 2 a.m. I try to nap in the afternoons, but I usually end up just laying there awake. If I do fall asleep at like 1 pm, then I'll sleep till like 8 o'clock at night. And when you sleep for 7 hours in the afternoon, it's hard to sleep before like 4 am. The longest I ever stayed up was 33 and a half hours to write a paper for a geology class (Principles of Stratigraphy & Sedimentation). I still turned it in 3 hours late, but I don't think the prof realized it b/c somehow I got an A in the class! Writing that paper was the first and only time I have ever taken Aderol, and boy does that stuff work!
Old 07-25-2001, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

I ama terrible insomniac. I can never go to sleep before 4 am no matter how early I have to get up the next day. Darn GC just kidding. Today for instance I had to get up at 6:30 am for class. I stayed up till four watching a movie. Help me please
Old 07-26-2001, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I realized the other day that I have not gone to sleep in the P.M. of the day since I have been in college. Oh course I usually don't wake up until the P.M. of the day. Well never mind.
Old 07-26-2001, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dianne:
I feel y'all's pain! I absolutely cannot sleep before 2 a.m. I try to nap in the afternoons, but I usually end up just laying there awake. If I do fall asleep at like 1 pm, then I'll sleep till like 8 o'clock at night. And when you sleep for 7 hours in the afternoon, it's hard to sleep before like 4 am. The longest I ever stayed up was 33 and a half hours to write a paper for a geology class (Principles of Stratigraphy & Sedimentation). I still turned it in 3 hours late, but I don't think the prof realized it b/c somehow I got an A in the class! Writing that paper was the first and only time I have ever taken Aderol, and boy does that stuff work!

what's alderol?