Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 897
1 members and 896 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 04-11-2006, 04:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gator716
Sigma Doves, etc.

Does anyone happen to have any information on the Sigma Doves, Sweethearts, SOULs, Loves, Stars, etc.

Informative websites and factual information is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Just curious to know why this information is needed?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LenBias Send a message via Yahoo to LenBias
Re: Sigma Doves, etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by gator716
Does anyone happen to have any information on the Sigma Doves, Sweethearts, SOULs, Loves, Stars, etc.

yeah..me too
Old 04-13-2006, 07:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RBL
Do these groups have distinguishing characteristics that separate them from each other(other than their names)??? Is this a regional thing?
Old 04-13-2006, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RBL
Do these groups have distinguishing characteristics that separate them from each other(other than their names)??? Is this a regional thing?
I'm not really sure, that is why I am asking.

I did a google search, but not much turned up.

I have a lot of Doves in my family, but I'm not trying to get my family involved just yet. Again, I'm not asking for information about processes or anything like that, I am just asking for websites (other than blackplanet pages, etc.) that may have some legit and factual information.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

You say you have a lot of Doves in your family, correct? Then why not go to the source for factual information instead of asking anonymous people on the internet?
Old 04-13-2006, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

My question is are there also Zetas in the family? That would be more meaningful.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 04-14-2006, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

My entire family is greek. More specifically, actually ONLY, Zeta's, AKA's, Delta's, Que's, Sigma's, and Alpha's. I have 1 KKI (Kappa Sweet) which is my stepmother. A lot of my family started off as non-greek (sweets, etc.) because they believe it is the stepping stone into the Greek World.

I am not, and WILL not go to anyone in my family just yet because I dont want to give anyone any ideas. I am just asking to learn more about something before I dive in.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to invizaligh
Quote:
My entire family is greek. More specifically, actually ONLY, Zeta's, AKA's, Delta's, Que's, Sigma's, and Alpha's. I have 1 KKI (Kappa Sweet) which is my stepmother. A lot of my family started off as non-greek (sweets, etc.) because they believe it is the stepping stone into the Greek World.

I am not, and WILL not go to anyone in my family just yet because I dont want to give anyone any ideas. I am just asking to learn more about something before I dive in.
Well I am not sure what you are trying to do, but my advice is ask someone who is already in the org.. Sweethearts do different things in different places. I am a sweetheart. I am a member of the Distinguish Laides of Black and Gold and in other areas they are called Asweets, Alpha Angles, ect. and they all do different things and some of our history is different.

I would ask 1) to find out what their purpose is and 2) determine if they are really for you.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:43 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to nonchalant
Quote:

If it's that serious, get a friend/associate to ask one of your family members. Your family consist of a lot of different orgs, so I can see why you may not want to ask. Someone might get their hopes up for the wrong reason.

I also know of a Delta who was an Alpha Angel first. I guess that was her stepping stone into the greek world.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Mickey Finn
Red face Re: Sigma Doves, etc.

Quote:

Do you not know, the Bro's are bringing the Silo's and Doves back. Man I wish, I was back in college. G.O.M.A.B
Old 05-04-2006, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Mickey Finn
Thumbs up

Quote:

Well said, many Silo's back in the old school days, became Z-Phi. Yes they used Silo's as a stepping stone, and it made the relationship with the brothers all that better.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squire1914
Re: Re: Sigma Doves, etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Finn
Do you not know, the Bro's are bringing the Silo's and Doves back. Man I wish, I was back in college. G.O.M.A.B
it is true..
Old 05-12-2006, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dzdst796
I became a Sigma Sweetheart my first semester in college and I think I made the right decision. I didn't use it as a stepping stone into the greek world because I had been exposed to it while I was in high school.

Just make sure you check it out and see if that is really what you want to do. Historically it has been a strike against you if you were a member of a little sister organization and then try to make the move to the "Big Time". Good Luck.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Inquizitor2005
It does depend on schools and regions. At my school, we were Carnations. The name was changed from Sweethearts and Carnations due to the stigma associated with being a sweetheart. From what I understand, Silo's pledged back in the day when it was legal. Some still have a "process" today.