Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,260
1 members and 1,259 guests
aggieAXO

Old 07-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Banned

Does alcohol make people say crazy things?

I know a lot of people out there have told someone they love them when they were fucked up, me being one of them, but do any of you think alcohol makes people talk about things openly? Like things you wouldn't normaly talk about?

For example, I found out something last night that was crazy. An old roomate of mine from college mailed me a package of some really good Venezeulan Rum ( stuff you can't buy in the states) and last night my girl and I killed a bottle of it (thank god for 800mg motrin). Anyhow, she starts talking and next thing I know we're talking about stuff we don't ever talk about.....like bitches she knows I've fucked and exgirlfriends of mine she's met. And then she says how she always compared every guy to me she dated. I asked why and she said because ever since she was 8 yrs old she told her parents she wanted to marry me. This kind of hit me in a way I've never been hit before. I know I'm the shit....but for bitches to want me for 15+ years.... It kind of makes me wonder how more of these chicks are out there, because I know there's more than one.

Its my belief that I can have any girl I want if I want her bad enough. However, thats not to say I can do whatever I want with any girl I want. To put it plainly, some women put up with more shit than others. With this girl, I can do whatever I want and she's still in heaven no matter what I do. Nothing I do short of cheating could piss her off, and even if I got busted cheating....she'd still forgive me. Kind of like Jude Law's fiance Sienna Miller. The fact that she's been this way ever since she first saw me...it amazes me. And I'm wondering.......why in the hell would someone say such things (that you know are true but just never said them before) while drunk? With her, she's a really independent woman and I think it took drinking alcohol for her to get open in the manner she did because she isn't one to show any sign of weakness. Anyone think I'm right?

Post your thoughts/advice.

Cashmoney
Old 07-29-2005, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Does alcohol make people say crazy things?

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
do any of you think alcohol makes people talk about things openly?
Well, I would say that this "phenomenon" has been known to humanity for a while, given that the ancient Romans (or whatever) coined the phrase In Vino Veritas, "in wine is truth" or another one: "The sober man's secret is the drunken man's speech".

As for the young lady in question, well, it sounds like she doesn't place a high value on herself and therefore would put up with any kind of treatment including ill treatment (which is pathetic and sad, really) from the object of her affections (no matter if it is you, or some other guy).

My 2 cents.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Does alcohol make people say crazy things?

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000
As for the young lady in question, well, it sounds like she doesn't place a high value on herself and therefore would put up with any kind of treatment including ill treatment (which is pathetic and sad, really) from the object of her affections (no matter if it is you, or some other guy).

My 2 cents.

hahaha...or she could just be reeeaaaaaally in love with me.

Last edited by cashmoney; 07-29-2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

One has to love and respect herself before she can truly love someone else. If you love and respect yourself, you don't tolerate being treated disrespectfully. If you have self-worth, you don't let people treat you poorly.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDee
One has to love and respect herself before she can truly love someone else. If you love and respect yourself, you don't tolerate being treated disrespectfully. If you have self-worth, you don't let people treat you poorly.

Thanks-a-fucking-lot you guys! Who said anything about me treating her badly or being disrespectful? I havent done anything wrong to her that she knows about. You guys are just assuming I'm treating her like shit probably because you read I've come to the realization that I can do anything I want....and get away with it. But really, I'm good to her.

Old 07-29-2005, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks-a-fucking-lot you guys! Who said anything about me treating her badly or being disrespectful? I havent done anything wrong to her that she knows about. You guys are just assuming I'm treating her like shit probably because you read I've come to the realization that I can do anything I want....and get away with it. But really, I'm good to her.

Dude, whatever....I don't think anyone is ASSUMING you treat her like shit for any reason other than what you say you do to girls. You say you'll never be faithful to a girl, you say you want to sleep with girls left and right and you're shocked that people think you treat your girlfriend like crap? I don't think you're an ass but I could see how that might be inferred from some things you say. But you know that right?
Old 07-29-2005, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
I havent done anything wrong to her that she knows about.
Is the implication that you've done wrong to hear and she DOESN'T know about it? I'm just asking for clarication, I'm not assuming anything.

Anyway, I don't think alcohol makes people say crazy things, they just say things that they normally would keep to themselves. Their inhibitions are lower so they use a lot less tact. In this case, she could have been having a "feel-good" moment. Alcohol sometimes gives people a "superman complex"--they feel like nothing can go wrong no matter what they say or do. That's why people do stupid things like drive or do stunts or blurt out stuff they shouldn't--they think nothing bad could come of it. Maybe she felt like telling you how much you've always meant to her would make you see her as "the one." When you feel so strongly for someone, you might wrongly think it's mutual. Like, if she feels such strong feelings for you, you've GOT to feel something like that back. She may reason that it's not true and keep her feelings to herself, but with the rum lowering her inhibitions, all that reason flew out the window. She told you hoping you'd be touched and say it back. At least that's what I think.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 07-30-2005, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I think it even goes deeper than the alcohol. Lots of women want to be known as the one who "made the bad boy settle down." She's known you forever and therefore is pretty informed about your sexual history. She would be able to say, "yeah, he just fooled around with all of you other girls, but he loves ME enough to get married." There's just something about a confident, self-assured man that makes SOME women want to be the one. Hell, I'm attracted to you and I know nothing about you except that you KNOW you are hot and "good at what you do!"

Disclaimer before I get flamed - I am NOT saying that every woman on this board wants to tame a wild man. But an awful lot of ladies that I know do. It just depends on how they act on this attraction. I don't think I could ever admit to a man that I have known for years that we would be married unless it was our honeymoon. Feeling it and admitting it are two different things. No matter how much alcohol I've had.

Do you think she's hinting for a ring?
Old 07-30-2005, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CSUSigEp
Ive found in my experience that alcohol does simply just bring out the truth...
Old 08-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by christiangirl
Maybe she felt like telling you how much you've always meant to her would make you see her as "the one." When you feel so strongly for someone, you might wrongly think it's mutual. Like, if she feels such strong feelings for you, you've GOT to feel something like that back. She may reason that it's not true and keep her feelings to herself, but with the rum lowering her inhibitions, all that reason flew out the window. She told you hoping you'd be touched and say it back. At least that's what I think.

Yea, I feel something like that back. I mean she's been apart of my life for the past 17 years, how could I not have strong feelings for her? I don't know if she was hoping for me to say something along the lines of "yea, I wanted you too when I was 8." She knows I don't say stuff like that. All I said was...."really?" It just kind of caught me off guard because I've always said I don't believe in love at first sight......but she completely wipes that theory off the board because I know she's been in love with me since the first day she saw me.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jwright25
I think it even goes deeper than the alcohol. Lots of women want to be known as the one who "made the bad boy settle down." She's known you forever and therefore is pretty informed about your sexual history. She would be able to say, "yeah, he just fooled around with all of you other girls, but he loves ME enough to get married." There's just something about a confident, self-assured man that makes SOME women want to be the one. Hell, I'm attracted to you and I know nothing about you except that you KNOW you are hot and "good at what you do!"

Disclaimer before I get flamed - I am NOT saying that every woman on this board wants to tame a wild man. But an awful lot of ladies that I know do. It just depends on how they act on this attraction. I don't think I could ever admit to a man that I have known for years that we would be married unless it was our honeymoon. Feeling it and admitting it are two different things. No matter how much alcohol I've had.

Do you think she's hinting for a ring?

Why couldn't you admit that to a man? And yea, I know she's hinting for a ring. But she also knows about my exfiance, has met her and knows the iry feelings its caused me and therefore isnt pushing it. I just recently paid off the 2kt ring I got for the ex-misscashmoney.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Stop calling me dude.
oh stop, you like it AND, back to the original topic...she was drunk. I've elaborated on feelings when I was drunk, I mean haven't you ever said something you wished you hadn't after a bottle of wine? Sometimes it's easier to be honest with a little liquid courage in you.
However, I wouldn't take this to mean that there are hundreds of girls out there who feel the same way. It means SHE feels this way or did when she was drunk. That's all.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
"A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts."

So True, So True.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
or she was lying.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote: