GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,181
0 members and 1,181 guests
No Members online

Old 03-27-2005, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush Questions

Hi! I'm new to G.C.. I'm a current high school senior and I will be going to Auburn University next fall. I'm planning on going through formal rush, but having no greeks in my family I have no idea what to expect. I was wondering if any one could give me some information on what rush is like at Auburn. I've done some seaches but haven't found anything!! Thanks!
Old 03-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Rush is hugely competitive at Auburn. That being said, they have many strong sororities that will make your time at Auburn magical.

WARRRRRRRRR EAGLE!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

War Eagle! I go to Auburn, and am a sister of Delta Gamma! I'm so glad you've decided to rush at Auburn! If you have any questions, either I or Carnation would be happy to answer them!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
If you do a search on the keywords "auburn rush" or "auburn recruitment" you will come up with dozens of results.

Welcome to GC!

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
Quote:
Originally posted by AUDeltaGam
War Eagle! I go to Auburn, and am a sister of Delta Gamma! I'm so glad you've decided to rush at Auburn! If you have any questions, either I or Carnation would be happy to answer them!
<<< Is also available for answering questions as well.

Silly Laura :P
Old 03-28-2005, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm not from Auburn, but have some suggestions (very general):[list=1][*]Be yourself. If you try to act like something you're not, you'll end up in a house that you probably won't like! Remeber to put your best face forward, but make sure it's YOU.[*]Keep an open mind, about every sorority. You can make friends in houses even if you don't end up there.[*]DON'T WEAR STRONG PURFUME. *lol* That may sound silly but you are talking about a whole bunch of girls in the same room all wearing different scents....and strong perfumes can get noxious.[*]Research the organizations on your campus, and come up with thoughtful questions to ask. This shows your interest, and you can find out more information about the sorority and thus make better decisions.[*]Have FUN! If you feel uncomfortable in a house, then it may not be for you. Even if it is the NUMBER ONE HOUSE.[*]Please brush your teeth before the parties. I know this one is a "no brainer" but I once had a girl with extreme halitosis. Keep a breath strip or mint handy... [*]Remember that we don't get long to get an impression of who you are. So please don't get devistated if for some reason you aren't chosen by a partiular house. Each house is looking for different things, and each sorority (and frat too) has something wonderful to offer.[/list=1]

Hope that helps.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
Thumbs up one thing to consider ...

Hi!

While I am not intimately familiar with the Auburn recruitment process, my best piece of advice on how to prepare for formal rush/recruitment this fall is to start securing reference letters, aka 'recs' as soon as possible!!

As mentioned by others, recruitment at Auburn is competitive and many other 'rushees' will have recs for most, if not all, sororities on campus. By searching GC, you'll be able to find info on how you can get recs, including contact info for those here on GC that are willing to write recommendations. While recommendations are not required, they can definitely help.

Best wishes this fall! I have heard many phenomenal things about Auburn Greek life & its 16 wonderful sororities

~ Jennifer, alumna

AGD - Delta Zeta chapter '97
University of British Columbia

Last edited by canadajen; 03-28-2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank yall so much for all the advice, it really helps! I can't wait!
Old 03-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

auburn

there is also an old post pertaining to those members of greekchat who might be willing to write a recommendation letter if the potential new member will provide them with the information they need.do a search to find it. it will be very important for you to have recommendation (recs.) letters for each sorority at auburn-seek out family members, past and present teachers, parents of friends, co-workers of your parents(or yours)or people in your church. if you live in or near a large city, there may be a national panhellenic alumnae chapter in existance. they sometimes have women who will write recs. for local girls and they even sometimes hold informational events for college bound girls and their parents. good luck and keep us posted. auburn has an amazing panhellenic system !!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bekibug
<<< Is also available for answering questions as well.

Silly Laura :P
Doh!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
Also, there will be an informational session during each session of Camp War Egla this summer. It has been 4 years since I went through CWE, but if I remember correctly, some of the topics covered were Auburn's Anti-Hazing policies, basic financial obligations, what to expect during recruitment, and COR. The session ended with a "What to Wear" fasion show.

Hope this helps.
Kelly
Old 05-03-2005, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
>>>>>>>>>>Hijack>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am having "rush stories" withdrawls. Can we ask you to give your story during recruitment?

I would love to hear how it goes. Not specifics of course until you make your last and final choice. But using ABC or alpha alpha alpha you can tell us your day to day experience.

I hope it is ok to ask. GOOD LUCK. And don't forget to have fun.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>end hijack >>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 05-04-2005, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Of course!! I'll keep yall posted! Right now I'm going through the ever so fun process of getting recs!! Rush starts August 7th and I'm so excited!
Old 05-04-2005, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I am thrilled that you are going to rush at my beloved Auburn AND make a rush thread! Woo hoo!
Old 05-04-2005, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
Indeed! Contact me over AIM (name: bekibug) if you don't want to wait for PM's here!