» Online Users: 1,316
1 members and 1,315 guests
No Members online

Old 12-03-2003, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to hotsauce Send a message via Yahoo to hotsauce
Question local startup

hi everyone,
i am new here and i have one major question. i attend a college where GLO's arent allowed to function but we have them unofficially. a group of us got together and decided tostart one of our own because the other do not cater to our needs. we need advice as to how to go about conducting membership intake and functioning without infringing on the rules of the college.

thanx

hotsauce
Old 12-05-2003, 02:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Zetagymnast Send a message via Yahoo to Zetagymnast
Re: local startup

Quote:
Originally posted by hotsauce
hi everyone,
i am new here and i have one major question. i attend a college where GLO's arent allowed to function but we have them unofficially. a group of us got together and decided tostart one of our own because the other do not cater to our needs. we need advice as to how to go about conducting membership intake and functioning without infringing on the rules of the college.

thanx

hotsauce
Hey hotsauce,
I go to school in alabama too. I can help you, I am in charge of intake for my sorority this school year. My GLO isn't allowed to functions either on my campus. What school do you go to? Send me some questions that you need answered.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to hotsauce Send a message via Yahoo to hotsauce
Wink hey

thanks for your reply. i attend oakwood college in huntsville and they are really anti greek (for which ihave not recieved a valid reason). first of all we would like to know whow to conduct membership intake while keeping up the standards we have set for ourselves. we would like a certain type of woman for our organisation.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:11 PM

Re: hey

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hotsauce
[B]thanks for your reply. i attend oakwood college in huntsville and they are really anti greek (for which ihave not recieved a valid reason). first of all we would like to know whow to conduct membership intake while keeping up the standards we have set for ourselves. we would like a certain
Old 12-07-2003, 07:11 PM

Re: hey

Quote:
Originally posted by hotsauce
thanks for your reply. i attend oakwood college in huntsville and they are really anti greek (for which ihave not recieved a valid reason). first of all we would like to know whow to conduct membership intake while keeping up the standards we have set for ourselves. we would like a certain type of woman for our organisation.
Hey,
I go to Oakwood too. Are you in Eta Xi Mu? I heard about that one. I am in Zeta Lambda Psi, at Oakwood. it's important to keep up with the standards of the organization, however you have to make sure that intake is not easy and do not allow anyone to join your organization, especially at Oakwood. You know how it is. Since, I am a Zeta the way we do things is first of all we do not haze. It is not christian like to treat someone wrongfully and then ask them to be your sister. Since you go to Oakwood, we can probably meet and I could give you more info. Oh, my the way welcome to the Greek Family at Oakwood. It is also important to have good relationships with the other GLOs because you will build up your organization by positive comments from the other GLOs. The Zetas are cool with every GLO at Oakwood. We have built friendships with them and they know that we are not in competion with them. It is important to know what your GLO stands for but be careful not to put down any other GLO because it was not turn out good.

Back to the topic of intake, since your GLO is new make sure you have everything set up before taking in mew members. Examples, consitiution, colors, meaning of letter/colors, handsign, call, intake policies, officers, philantropy, etc.
New members want to make sure that they are joining something where they can invest their time.
I can tell you more about intake but not in a open forum. See ya around campus.