Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, samthaswimmer
» Online Users: 1,252
3 members and 1,249 guests
LaneSig, Titchou

Old 07-25-2003, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Fraternity Heritage

Here we go again into the Fall and I am haven't even received the Fraternity Heritage report form and I am already stuck as to what to do to make the Fraternity heritage education interesting. Does anybody out there have any ideas for presenting Fraternity Heritage info besides, handouts with facts on it, bulletin boards, posters, and trivia/jeopardy games in chapter meetings. it can just get very boring.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

We did a mad libs type thing for Fraternity Heritage...and prizes for funniest, closest to truth, etc. Kind of fun Also little things in the bathroom stalls and on the bathroom mirrors works too.

hope this helps some!

PPL&Mine,
Jess
Old 07-26-2003, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

In the past other than those other things that you have listed we have done raps, songs with dances, skits, etc. to name a few. They have always been entertaining. I know that sometimes they are long reports--but others you can make entertaining. Plus songs stick in people's heads.

The IG will get together after a meeting to prepare for the next meeting. Only takes a few mins after the meeting.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

We have a bulletin board with Fraternity Heritage information on it. At chapter they ask questions about what was on the board and the first person to answer correctly gets a prize (usually a $5 gift certificate to a restaurant in town). We usually do one or two questions each week.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dakareng
If you want/need ideas, go to the Pi Beta Phi webpage, click under "Leading with Values" and look under "Organizational Knowledge"... you'll find an online idea bank.

The materials for the fall mailing are being compiled in HQ. They can't be mailed until most chapters are on campus... and I don't think anyone is back for at least 2 more weeks. You will be able to download your report forms from the website... go to the section marked "Collegiate Officers" for instructions.