Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,455
0 members and 1,455 guests
No Members online

Old 06-02-2012, 02:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Tansfer

Hey,
I was just initiated in my school but unfortunately have to transfer. I was just wondering how hard it would be to be associated with my new schools chapter. I'm also afraid that I would not have the same bond I have with the girls there that I had with the ones I pledged with and everything. Help?
Old 06-02-2012, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Without knowing where you initiated and where you're going, I wouldn't presume to know how affiliation will work for you. There is a little teeny bit on myDG about the rules, but that's all I know.

As an alumna, however, I've moved all over the country (I was military). Everywhere I moved, I was able to find a group of women who welcomed me and accepted me because of our shared bonds.

It does take some extra effort, though. Be willing to open yourself to new traditions and new experiences. Resist the "we did it this way" temptation, while being willing to share ideas and to work hard.

Best of luck!

ITB
Old 06-03-2012, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

You will need certification from your current chapter that you are in good standing and the new chapter will have to be open for affiliates. So, you'll need to check with both. Your RCS should be able to help you with that.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapters may choose to affiliate all DGs...or they may choose to affiliate none. They will still welcome you to visit and get to know you, but their policy may be no affiliation.
Even if they do affiliate, I recommend waiting a semester before deciding if that's what you want to do. Get to know chapter members and the chapter. If it's a fit, then do it!
But if it's not a fit, at that point you can step back and retain your alumnae status. Because if you do affiliate and are not happy, your only recourse is to resign from the Fraternity.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you everyone