GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,617
0 members and 1,617 guests
No Members online

Old 08-11-2010, 03:08 AM
GreekChat Member

UCF recruitment 2010

I'm rushing this fall at UCF! I come from a non-greek family, and a small town where greek life isn't discussed alot. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, i'm pretty much in the dark here. Early move-in is this sunday, we start on tuesday by visiting all ten houses
I've read that flip-flops are a big no, is that the case in Florida? The first 2 days are casual the UCF pan website says. I went shopping and I feel confident clothes wise..its just these shoes that are killing me! I hope to turn this into a story as well..i'll keep you posted as the week goes by.

Last edited by ashlieeexoxo; 08-11-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlieeexoxo View Post
I'm rushing this fall at UCF! I come from a non-greek family, and a small town where greek life isn't discussed alot. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, i'm pretty much in the dark here. Early move-in is this sunday, we start on tuesday by visiting all ten houses
I've read that flip-flops are a big no, is that the case in Florida? The first 2 days are casual the UCF pan website says. I went shopping and I feel confident clothes wise..its just these shoes that are killing me! I hope to turn this into a story as well..i'll keep you posted as the week goes by.
Have you read all the stickies on top of the recruitment/sorority recruitment forum?? I would start with those. I can see PNMs wearing sandals with a strap on the back like these:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/madden+girl+...at20034&brand=

Just went on to the UCF Panhellenic and found this:
http://www.panhellenicucf.com/index....d=70&Itemid=69

They even suggest sandals or a "comfortable shoe" during Round 1-Round 3. As you can see they kept their sandals pretty simple.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BellaBerlee
Good luck with recruitment coming up!! I love hearing all the stories!

I'd definitely say wearing cute sandals (gladiator, etc) would be appropriate... especially for the hot Florida sun!
"In a word, to be loyal under any and all circumstances to my fraternity and her highest teachings..."
Old 08-11-2010, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with recruitment!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to krrrristen
Go knights!!! Haha I'm rushing at UCF next week too, but I'm a sophomore =P Target has some great deals on "fancy" flip flops right now. If you don't get a chance to get there before you go to UCF, there is a huge&wonderful Target at Waterford.

PM me if you have any questions about UCF (in no way shape or form do I pretend I know about recruitment enough to post here haha). Good luck girlie =D

Tonight our knights will shine... <3

Kristen <3
Old 08-11-2010, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

aw yay! im rushing next week too! im bringing a nice pair of sandals/flip flops. like kristen said target always has cute flip flops for a decent price. =]

oh and dont forget a umbrella! its supposed to rain all next week.
good luck!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to krrrristen
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF0405 View Post
oh and dont forget a umbrella! its supposed to rain all next week.
good luck!
=O i didn't even check the weather yet!! oh my goodness, time to buy a new umbrella.

eta. this is the one thing i will be buying specifically for recruitment. i feel like i'm doing pretty well haha.

Tonight our knights will shine... <3

Kristen <3
Old 08-11-2010, 11:30 PM
redsweetpea

Good luck with rush girls! Im an active at ucf and remember when i went through, and would suggest bring an umbrella. Cant wait to read all of your stories!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I too am active and my best advise is just enjoy it! Don't go in listening to rumors or stereotypes. Go where you know you belong, You won't be disappointed. Good luck! I'm excited for new stories! Me and redsweetpea went through together (What up girl! Good luck this week lol) and both posted stories if you want an idea of how the week will be!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:02 AM
redsweetpea

Hey UCFlove, Good luck to you to! As UCFlove said above go in with an open mind, it may be one of the most important things, since you will find where you belong. good luck girls!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Have fun and try to relax...

I've enjoyed reading the UCF GC posts over the last few years, especially when they lead me to new sisters... (Hi UCFLove!)

Remember to have fun and relax as much as you can in the heat and humidity. I'm sure you'll find the perfect activities to fit your personality, whether as part of the UCF Greek community or not....

I was independent until my senior year (by choice, as I declined a bid my freshman year during formal recruitment). I became a colony member during my last semester at UCF, and proceeded to become a very active alumna over the last 15 years. During my first 3 years, I was Homecoming Assistant Director of Events, and an active member of CAB. I met SOOOOOO many people that by the time I joined the Fraternity, I was already well-established on campus.

The point is, UCF has so much to offer and Greek life is not the only way to achieve "social success."

Best of luck to you and all UCF PNMs!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to all today and this week! My daughter rushed at UCF last year and she's enjoying being on "the other side" this year.

Be yourself, listen to your heart!!!! I heard the humidity is over 100 degrees today. Enjoy the experience and I can't wait to read all of your UCF recruitment stories!!

Last edited by keysgirl; 08-17-2010 at 03:54 PM.