GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,255
2 members and 1,253 guests
John

Old 08-29-2009, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

My recruitment story

I am going through sorority recruitment as a sophemore. Here is my story!
There are 5 sororities at my school, but to keep this private I'm using Twilight characters instead of the sorority names.
I'll call them...
Alice
Emmett
Edward
Rosalie
Jacob

Day 1:
We had a 20 minute party with each of the sororities. My first two were Alice and Rosalie. I'm not going to lie...I was quite bored in Alice. I just didnt feel like i connected with the girls. In Rosalie I felt very uncomfortable. I felt very different from these girls. After these two parties I was definitely ready to call me roommate (who was also going through recruitment) and tell her that I didnt want to join a sorority anymore and i would be waiting in the car! I decided I would go to one more party and see how i felt after that. The 3rd party was Emmett. As soon as i walked through the door, i knew this party would be different. I enjoyed talking to the girls and was much happier after this party. Then I was off to Jacob. Jacob was great. I really loved the girls, they were soo sweet. I thought that this was going to be the sorority for me! but i had one more party to attend. When I walked into Edward I knew it was going to be another great party. I am an Edward legacy so I knew quite alot about them going into their party. The didnt disappoint me. The were sooooo cute and sweet. I didnt want to leave when they said it was time to go. After all the parties, we went to the computer lab and rated the sororities 1-5 (1 being our fav and 5 being our least fav.) I rated like this....
1. Edward
2. Jacob
3. Emmett
4. Alice
5. Rosalie

Day 2: we could be invited to up to 4 parties. When i got there I found out that I had been invited back to all 4!! I was very excited. I got invited back to Edward(yay!!) Jacob(yay!!) Emmett(yay) and Rosalie (what?!)
Again I LOVED both Jacob and Edward. I liked Emmett. and rosalie...not so much. After these "sisterhood parties" I rated the sororities like this...
1.Edward
2.Jacob
3.Emmett
and we needed to drop one so i dropped
Rosalie

Tomorrow is day 3! hope I have as good of a schedule tomorrow as I did today!!
Old 08-29-2009, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
I love Twilight! Edward was always my favorite but I liked Emmett too.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Please don't think I'm being rude but complete sentences, PARAGRAPHS, and appropriate punctuation are your friends, please use them. It makes your story MUCH easier to read.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with Day 3!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 3

I was very tired last night while writing this and really didn't want to go back and fix the grammatical errors, sorry. I'll try to make this post more clear.

Day 3:
Today I woke up and started getting ready for Day 3. After I got ready my phone rang and it was my mom. Apparently because she is alumni and I am a legacy, they called and told her that I had been dropped from Edward and Jacob. I was crushed! I really thought we had great conversation yesterday and was shocked that I didnt get invited back to either one of my top 2 choices!! I didn't even want to go back but I decided that I would give Emmett another chance.

I went to Emmett and REALLY enjoyed it! I definitely think Emmett could be the sorority for me. My PI Chi helped me soo much today! I really hope I get invited to Pref Emmett tomorrow!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Good for you for giving Emmett another chance, even though you were upset- and you ended up having a nice time. Good luck!
Old 08-29-2009, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Good for you in being open to trying Emmett again. I hope it works out for you!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contortion1013 View Post
Day 3:
Today I woke up and started getting ready for Day 3. After I got ready my phone rang and it was my mom. Apparently because she is alumni and I am a legacy, they called and told her that I had been dropped from Edward and Jacob. I was crushed! I really thought we had great conversation yesterday and was shocked that I didnt get invited back to either one of my top 2 choices!! I didn't even want to go back but I decided that I would give Emmett another chance.

Ok, I can understand why they told your mom that you were cut from Edward because you are a legacy, but why would they tell her you were cut from Jacob?
Old 08-29-2009, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contortion1013 View Post
I'm using Twilight characters instead of the sorority names.
I'll call them...
Alice
Emmett
Edward
Rosalie
Jacob
<rant> Dammit even on GC I can't avoid Twilight? Why, why, why?</rant?

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Ok, I can understand why they told your mom that you were cut from Edward because you are a legacy, but why would they tell her you were cut from Jacob?
The only thing I can guess, since recruitment isn't like "doctor-patient confidentiality" is that the Pi Chi (if that is who called) told mom to help daughter out.

If the legacy chapter called, well they would only know about that chapter.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-29-2009, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
How would the Edwards even know that you were cut from Jacob?

We never knew where PNMs were cut from unless they told us. We only had knowledge of who was cut from our chapter.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not sure why they were able to tell my mom that I had been cut from both Edward and Jacob. It wasnt even my Pi Chi who called her. Its midnight and my Pi Chi said that she should call us tonight if we arent invited back tomorrow, so I am hoping that is good news!