GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,160
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,456
2 members and 1,454 guests
Sarak24034

Old 05-24-2023, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I’m up way past my normal bedtime in bed watching the Investigation Discovery channel. I find it absolutely amazing how the authorities can catch criminals with today’s forensics technology. I’m really enjoying this now, but when I have to wake up this morning, I’m going to wish I had gone to bed.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 05-24-2023, 05:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
Eating Chips and dip at the coffee shop while cleaning up my laptop's junk

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 05-28-2023, 09:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
watching Batman: The Return of the Caped Crusaders

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 05-28-2023, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Watching this for the millionth time
https://youtu.be/-eU8j4MeJ4I
Old 05-29-2023, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Getting ready to go to a D9 cookout
Old 05-30-2023, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Right now, I’m trying to keep the swelling down on my finger. One of my patients bit the crap out of me today. She held it too, like she was trying to bite my finger completely off. I swear, this really, really hurts. Cat bites are so painful. Caution cats are the worst.
https://youtu.be/TUdoBGl3jyI
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 05-31-2023, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Scary Cat looks just like my daughter's cat, but he's really nice. I hope your finger is better today -- do you have to go to the human doctor?
Old 05-31-2023, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Thank you, Sciencewoman. Yes, I went to urgent care about an hour after it happened.

She’s normally a very sweet cat. Her owner brought her in for ticks and for a checkup, but I noticed that she had mats on the lower half of her body. So I told her owner that she’s having a hard time grooming herself down there and if she wanted me to, I could remove them because mats are really uncomfortable for cats. So, she was just lying there letting me remove the mats. She purred with light chirping and she didn’t try to jump down so, I thought it was feeling good to her. Then all of a sudden she grabbed my finger and tried to bite it off. One is a puncture wound and the other is a laceration. But the doctor gave me some antibiotics for it. It’s getting better.

Have you gotten your puppy, yet.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 05-31-2023 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2023, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Right now, I’m trying to keep the swelling down on my finger. One of my patients bit the crap out of me today. She held it too, like she was trying to bite my finger completely off. I swear, this really, really hurts. Cat bites are so painful. Caution cats are the worst.
https://youtu.be/TUdoBGl3jyI
Eeek, my BFF had a cat do that and she almost lost her finger. She had to have 3 surgeries and go in for IV antibiotics for a week. I have been bitten severely once- went into the joint. They are very painful!
Hope your finger recovers fully!

I will say though I will take a fractious cat over a caution dog any day but I prefer cats over dogs.
Old 06-14-2023, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

I taught at a jail for years and one of the prisoners got bitten by a cat outside. He came to class maybe a day later and reached over to sign in and not only was his finger swollen to twice its size, but there was a red streak running from the bite up his arm. I dragged him up to the front and told the sergeant that we had to get him to the hospital ASAP! He said,"Naww, we'll take him maybe tomorrow."

So I had a temper tantrum right there (I NEVER have temper tantrums) and called the director at home and somehow got him to come get the guy and take him to the hospital. The prisoner had to stay for 3 days of IVs.

When I hear "cat bite", I flash back to seeing that horrible wound with blood poisoning. And the good news is that when he got back, he actually studied hard to get those last 2 points to pass his GED--he hadn't exactly been a committed student until then. God bless him.
Old 06-14-2023, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, wow, carnation! Hope the prisoner's on the straight and narrow now!

I've been bitten by a dog (my brother's Doberman) and a feral cat. At least I knew that Shiloh had all of his shots!
Old 06-14-2023, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I taught at a jail for years and one of the prisoners got bitten by a cat outside. He came to class maybe a day later and reached over to sign in and not only was his finger swollen to twice its size, but there was a red streak running from the bite up his arm. I dragged him up to the front and told the sergeant that we had to get him to the hospital ASAP! He said,"Naww, we'll take him maybe tomorrow."

So I had a temper tantrum right there (I NEVER have temper tantrums) and called the director at home and somehow got him to come get the guy and take him to the hospital. The prisoner had to stay for 3 days of IVs.

When I hear "cat bite", I flash back to seeing that horrible wound with blood poisoning. And the good news is that when he got back, he actually studied hard to get those last 2 points to pass his GED--he hadn't exactly been a committed student until then. God bless him.
Lol! They don’t give a damn about convicts. If it wasn’t for you, they’d have never taken him.
Old 06-14-2023, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I’m assuming a caution dog and cat are pets that bite or are so wild you need to hold them down. I have a pit bull terrier and my vet now thought he’d be an issue before his first visit with her. He’s the total opposite. My previous vet was terrible. I had to switch vets because the vet I took him to before was like a chain hospital or something, and they didn’t seem to give a shit about him. At least I didn’t feel they did.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I’m watching a Milli Vanilli documentary. It’s unfortunate one of them committed suicide.

But this concert still has me in tears laughing Lol
https://youtu.be/UvPXmkYMHFg

I’d have played it off though and told the fans “We’re tired as hell so we’re lip syncing today. We’re going to go acapella today. Join in and sing with us!” Then I say “Girl you know it’s true! Everybody, repeat after us! Girl you know it’s true.. ooh oooh oooh, I love youuuuu!”
Old 06-15-2023, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieAXO View Post
Eeek, my BFF had a cat do that and she almost lost her finger. She had to have 3 surgeries and go in for IV antibiotics for a week. I have been bitten severely once- went into the joint. They are very painful!
Hope your finger recovers fully!

I will say though I will take a fractious cat over a caution dog any day but I prefer cats over dogs.
Yep, cat bites are really nasty. Aggie, you’re the first vet in my experience that has said this about cats vs dogs lol. I think I’d rather deal with a caution dog. It’s to the point that I have to use other irregular methods in dealing with caution cats. Although, I did have a caution dog incident where we had to squeeze him (safely) between a door and the wall just so I could give him his shot to calm him down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I taught at a jail for years and one of the prisoners got bitten by a cat outside. He came to class maybe a day later and reached over to sign in and not only was his finger swollen to twice its size, but there was a red streak running from the bite up his arm.
Yep, sounds like sepsis was setting in. It usually does within 24 hours if meds aren’t administered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I’m assuming a caution dog and cat are pets that bite or are so wild you need to hold them down. I have a pit bull terrier and my vet now thought he’d be an issue before his first visit with her. He’s the total opposite. My previous vet was terrible. I had to switch vets because the vet I took him to before was like a chain hospital or something, and they didn’t seem to give a shit about him. At least I didn’t feel they did.
Yes, you are correct. With cats, this is how I generally handle them. “Be still so I can stick you”

https://youtube.com/shorts/KyOqrZskPFs?feature=share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I’m watching a Milli Vanilli documentary. It’s unfortunate one of them committed suicide.

But this concert still has me in tears laughing Lol
https://youtu.be/UvPXmkYMHFg

I’d have played it off though and told the fans “We’re tired as hell so we’re lip syncing today. We’re going to go acapella today. Join in and sing with us!” Then I say “Girl you know it’s true! Everybody, repeat after us! Girl you know it’s true.. ooh oooh oooh, I love youuuuu!”
I’d have played it off by saying that this is our new rap version. At least the other guy didn’t run. He actually tried to jam to the skips.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024