Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,554
2 members and 1,552 guests
IndianaSigKap

Old 11-07-2007, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry Depledge-Deactivate-AI???

As a member of a NPC org. I have to say something. I think "AI" is great to an extent. For instance, if a woman went to a university with no Greek System (Notre Dame is a good example) and later decided she was really into philanthropy and helping the greater good-I would have no problem say, "We would be happy to have you as a Phi Mu AI." If a woman came through and said, "Oh yeah-I didn't get a bid from Phi Mu and such-and-such sorority (insert NPC sorority on her specific college campus that maybe didn't have the best reputation) gave me a bid but, I knew I didn't want them-I'm destined to be a Phi Mu...I'd say, "No Thanks!" Although I love my organization-I'm truly for Greek Unity. If you chose not to even give a chance to another organization and just turn your nose up to them because they didn't have the best reputation (for whatever reason it may have been) I don't think I want you. Should we be selective of where we want to go-Yes but, I hate when girls who don't get a bid anywhere else and then the not-so-top chapter offers them a bid and they turn their noses up! Every NPC org. is awesome SOMEWHERE!!! I try to stress that to girls who want to deactivate, depledge-whatever! I've tried to push girls in OTHER NPCs to stay with their org. because they might really regret it later in life. My org. may not be the top at my school but, somewhere it is. If I had turned my nose up at it right away-I would have missed out! That's what is great about being a NATIONAL org. One of my sisters once said to me when I was upset about something going on in my chapter, "Our org. is so much bigger than just this chapter...stick with it...there are other women out there who hold the same values as you that are sisters!" I stuck with it and I'm glad I did...Every NPC has their "GREAT" chapters and then their "NOT-So-GREAT" chapters...if you go AI because you think you are better than any of the girls in the "NOT-So-GREAT" chapters-go join another club and stop wasting NPC time!!! All of our Orgs. have something to offer-don't turn your nose up at it and then want membership elsewhere-but, I'm not completely against AI....and that was my soap box for the day...Thank you
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
As a member of a NPC org. I have to say something. I think "AI" is great to an extent. For instance, if a woman went to a university with no Greek System (Notre Dame is a good example) and later decided she was really into philanthropy and helping the greater good-I would have no problem say, "We would be happy to have you as a Phi Mu AI." If a woman came through and said, "Oh yeah-I didn't get a bid from Phi Mu and such-and-such sorority (insert NPC sorority on her specific college campus that maybe didn't have the best reputation) gave me a bid but, I knew I didn't want them-I'm destined to be a Phi Mu...I'd say, "No Thanks!" Although I love my organization-I'm truly for Greek Unity. If you chose not to even give a chance to another organization and just turn your nose up to them because they didn't have the best reputation (for whatever reason it may have been) I don't think I want you. Should we be selective of where we want to go-Yes but, I hate when girls who don't get a bid anywhere else and then the not-so-top chapter offers them a bid and they turn their noses up! Every NPC org. is awesome SOMEWHERE!!! I try to stress that to girls who want to deactivate, depledge-whatever! I've tried to push girls in OTHER NPCs to stay with their org. because they might really regret it later in life. My org. may not be the top at my school but, somewhere it is. If I had turned my nose up at it right away-I would have missed out! That's what is great about being a NATIONAL org. One of my sisters once said to me when I was upset about something going on in my chapter, "Our org. is so much bigger than just this chapter...stick with it...there are other women out there who hold the same values as you that are sisters!" I stuck with it and I'm glad I did...Every NPC has their "GREAT" chapters and then their "NOT-So-GREAT" chapters...if you go AI because you think you are better than any of the girls in the "NOT-So-GREAT" chapters-go join another club and stop wasting NPC time!!! All of our Orgs. have something to offer-don't turn your nose up at it and then want membership elsewhere-but, I'm not completely against AI....and that was my soap box for the day...Thank you
Extremely good post. Pennsylvania girls are the shiznit.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

PA Girls

Hell Yes they are...Thank you....I've got Greek Love for all the organizations out there because I realize we all have something to offer!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Just had to get my "Yay PA" in there! ...
Old 11-07-2007, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
Just had to get my "Yay PA" in there! ...
Can I also get a Yay-Penn State....We Are!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
We Are!!!
Penn State!!! That's my girl right there!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Late to the party but have to agree those Pennsylvania Girls are smart!

And by the way - the Lion in my username is a NITTANY lion!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTamer View Post
Late to the party but have to agree those Pennsylvania Girls are smart!

And by the way - the Lion in my username is a NITTANY lion!
I'm hearing the lion's "roar" from Beaver Stadium in my head but can't think of a way to type it out...

Big day tomorrow, girls! We need to take down the Spartans and hope the Wolverines and Buckeyes just bloody themselves into a non-scoring tie or something. Is it possible for BOTH teams to lose a game???
Old 11-17-2007, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
I'm hearing the lion's "roar" from Beaver Stadium in my head but can't think of a way to type it out...

Big day tomorrow, girls! We need to take down the Spartans and hope the Wolverines and Buckeyes just bloody themselves into a non-scoring tie or something. Is it possible for BOTH teams to lose a game???
OSU won which is better than Ann Arbor going to the Rose Bowl.

GO STATE BEAT MSU!!

ΑΧΩ
Old 11-17-2007, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueGBI View Post
OSU won which is better than Ann Arbor going to the Rose Bowl.
Well, you're right on that point, at least Michigan lost. I don't like OSU any better, but they had the better season.

Quote:
GO STATE BEAT MSU!!
Old 11-18-2007, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not going to jump into the debate of AI, but one comment I would like to make is that everyone seems to be jumping on the OP because she was cut. I'm sorry unless people on this board are members of that chapter and were privey to selection, we have absolutely no clue why she was cute. Heck, for all we know they could have cut her for grades. The point is, we don't know why she was cut. But telling her that she shouldn't bother with that chapter because obviously if they cut her she wasn't basically good enough for them, is just mean and nasty.

I get that it can be annoying, PNAM's coming and starting threads asking for advice (prior to reading the stickied threads at the top), but instead of being snarky all any of us have to do is say "please read these threads".

Anyways, off my soapbox.

Agree with me, disagree with me, just please be respectful that it is my opinion and that I haven't called anyone out.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-19-2007, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
I'm not going to jump into the debate of AI, but one comment I would like to make is that everyone seems to be jumping on the OP because she was cut. I'm sorry unless people on this board are members of that chapter and were privey to selection, we have absolutely no clue why she was cute. Heck, for all we know they could have cut her for grades. The point is, we don't know why she was cut. But telling her that she shouldn't bother with that chapter because obviously if they cut her she wasn't basically good enough for them, is just mean and nasty.

I get that it can be annoying, PNAM's coming and starting threads asking for advice (prior to reading the stickied threads at the top), but instead of being snarky all any of us have to do is say "please read these threads".

Anyways, off my soapbox.

Agree with me, disagree with me, just please be respectful that it is my opinion and that I haven't called anyone out.

If she had been cut for grades, she wouldn't have made it through most of recruitment. She would have been cut day 1.

And if my sisters cut someone who am I to second guess them.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB View Post
If she had been cut for grades, she wouldn't have made it through most of recruitment. She would have been cut day 1.
Not only that, she went to UC Berkeley which is a pretty competitive school - I'm guessing that the GPAs of most students are above those required by the national sororities.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Not only that, she went to UC Berkeley which is a pretty competitive school - I'm guessing that the GPAs of most students are above those required by the national sororities.
The school is competitive, but does anyone know about rush there? Is it competitve?

ETA: I found this thread about Berkley rush, and it seems the women on here have said that it's not competitve...therefore I would seriously question a girl who was dropped on day 4 of 7 from ALL 14 CHAPTERS. Grades probably would have gotten her cut on day 2.

Last edited by AlphaFrog; 11-19-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
ETA: I found this thread about Berkley rush, and it seems the women on here have said that it's not competitve...therefore I would seriously question a girl who was dropped on day 4 of 7 from ALL 14 CHAPTERS. Grades probably would have gotten her cut on day 2.
To clarify, she's never said she got dropped from ALL the chapters - just the one where she would like to AI now. If she DID have other chapters to choose from...well, see als463's post.