GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,495
1 members and 1,494 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 08-09-2013, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Those Red & Black pics are from this year. Looks like they changed them from what they had up previously. Maybe they read GC!

Athens Online also has a bunch of pics up from today. The weather was much nicer and according to D2 much cooler than last year so that is good for the PNMs.

Round 1 is over! D2 said that other than the rain it went off very smoothly. SOOO many cute girls!! Round 2 is tomorrow and I believe they can go back to 11 houses. I remember from last year it was a crazy long day! D2 was lucky enough to have a full schedule but she could barely function for the last 3 or 4 houses she was so exhausted!. Alabama divides Round 2 into 2 days. Something I think UGA should consider.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I think every school with more than 15 or 16 sororities should have at least 2 days for round 1 AND for round 2. More than 8 parties per day IMO has a diminishing return since everyone is so tired, no matter how short you make each party.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:12 AM
GreekChat Member

This is my first time to post. My daughter is going through UGA Recruitment and I have a knot in my stomach. This is sooooo hard as a Mom! She has a full schedule of 12 parties today, but two of her "favorites" didn't invite her back. I have told her to trust the process, trust herself and shake it off. Ugh...
Old 08-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Hang in there PearlGirl13. Best of luck to your daughter!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Hang in there PearlGirl13. Best of luck to your daughter!
Thanks! She is asking me questions about when to (or if she should) indicate to a sorority member that she really likes her sorority. I suggested waiting until third round... Is that correct advice?

Does anyone know much about the numbers this year? When do they set quota (is it even still called quota). I clearly need to do more reading!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to your daughter, PearlGirl13! A full schedule is GREAT. Keep us posted.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlGirl13 View Post
Thanks! She is asking me questions about when to (or if she should) indicate to a sorority member that she really likes her sorority. I suggested waiting until third round... Is that correct advice?

Does anyone know much about the numbers this year? When do they set quota (is it even still called quota). I clearly need to do more reading!
She should indicate that she really likes them when it feels natural and honest. She should not tell anyone that it is her favorite (so no hurt feelings if she changes her mind.)

Quota is set after prefs based on the number of women who sign a pledge card. So she should see it through. Good luck!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I have heard back from two of the three Mom's whose daughters I have written recs for. One has 12 houses and the other has 10 houses today. The other one was sure but thought that her daughter had a full schedule today. It would be fun to list the houses that each of them have been invited to after every round ( if I keep their identity anonymous). I could refer to them as B1, B2 and B3. But I won't do it if anyone feels that this is too revealing or a breach of confidentiality.

Georgia Bulldog/Delta Delta Delta
Old 08-09-2013, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

By the Way Brenda Bond is not my real name...so I am anonymous.

Georgia Bulldog/Delta Delta Delta
Old 08-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

That would be great but if you do, just don't give any identifying information like hometown!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HQWest View Post
She should indicate that she really likes them when it feels natural and honest. She should not tell anyone that it is her favorite (so no hurt feelings if she changes her mind.)

Quota is set after prefs based on the number of women who sign a pledge card. So she should see it through. Good luck!
I don't see the problem with saying on Pref Night "this is my favorite house" or "I really want to be an XYZ." Obviously that should only be said to the house you are 1,000% sure you want to wind up in. I remember Pref Night on the other side and some girls made it completely obvious we were their #1 choice, while others were more vague. I always liked when girls were up front. Sure there may have been some that on Bid Day you thought "wow I really thought we would've gotten them" but it was just disappointing, not devastating.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
I've got a few ladies going through this year... hoping to hear some happy updates!!
Are they close enough to you that we could gets a dramadawg recruitment thread, one of the best things about Greekchat?
Old 08-09-2013, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
Are they close enough to you that we could gets a dramadawg recruitment thread, one of the best things about Greekchat?
I'm new to this forum but my daughter is going through UGA Rush right now. What is a dramadawg recruitment thread???

BTW - my chickie put down six good choices for her. Not the most popular houses on campus, but the ones that she felt the strongest about. Hope it works out for her...
Old 08-09-2013, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
dgdramadawg writes great recruitment threads about PNMs that she knows. Here's one for interested readers

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=115415
Old 08-09-2013, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

UGA Recruitment

I can honestly say as a mother, rush was a very difficult time for me. With daughter on the other side......well last year was a tough one too, as the girl she "preffed", adored, and wanted for her little did not end up on the pledge list. This year things have been smooth sailing so far, except the downpour round 1. wishing that all the girls can find a sorority home.