GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,665
4 members and 1,661 guests
LaneSig, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 10-20-2009, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello Sister Friends and Beautiful ladies of AKA! ive been reading the forums here on GC for quite sometime and figured I'd finally become a member and be apart. I look forward to chatting with and having conversations with all of you ladies. Although I am not a member of any BGLO as I previously mentioned I've been reading the forum and I am very familiar with Pearls of Wisdom....with that said my Sister Friends, as much as we would love to ask questions and receive immediate answers, by now we should all know that it doesnt happen here on GC. Research Research Research!! (websites, members of the organization you personally know etc..)...anywho I hope that you all have a great day and God Bless....

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 10-23-2009 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Get the board out of your eye & help your interested sisters
Old 10-23-2009, 02:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Let me be blunt: Throwing your interested sisters under the bus is fugly. It is not sisterhood--it is not womanly. When you join any all-female organization as a group, you do it TOGETHER. Within unity there is strength!

Rarely are solo joiners made because it is a tough trial on that one person,,,

So, it is best to invoke the "Golden Rule" when investigating any membership into any Sorority. Be kind to one another.

Mahalo!

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 10-23-2009, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Duly Noted!

That did sound a bit ugly! lol but I will take it and apply it! Have a Blessed Day everyone!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello everyone,

I recently joined the site... and I would like to apologize if my initial posts have offended anyone and I will not re-post another thread.

With that said, I am excited to read the message boards.

Have a blessed day!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello Ladies and Sisterfriends... Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. You ladies all seem so pleasant and welcoming!

Chat with you soon!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Greetings Everyone!
I am new here to GC. I look forward to chatting and interacting with all you ladies.....
Peace & One Love!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

hi everyone

I have been a bit shy so far, you know just reading the posts. I am a sf/mf who enjoys learning new things and appreciates everyones comments. I look forward to reading and learning more here.

Have a great day/night ladies!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi. I have browsed the site for a little while and decided to join. Good to have this site available to learn more about the various organizations from real life people. While there is so much information on the internet now-of-a-days, some things are best left to asking people who actually can give you real-life answers and feedback. (And yes I know there are areas that are not to be questioned on here LOL.)
Old 03-27-2010, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello Ladies,

I am also new to GreekChat. I hope everyone is doing well!
I've been maneuvering my way around the website, reading the different posts. It's very odd to see how many people post things that were specifically asked not to be posted..lol.

~Be Blessed ~
Old 04-18-2010, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello everyone! I introduced myself in another part of this forum and have been on GC for months now, but I never had the opportunity to introduce myself to the ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (and I thought it'd be rude to start posting in your part of this forum without at least introducing myself...)

I am in graduate school for my PhD in biochemistry. (the first in my family ... hence, the username) I look forward to chatting with you all!

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience" -Colossians 3:12
Old 05-08-2010, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello ladies. I hope you all are enjoying your Mother's Day Weekend. I look forward to connecting with you all.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Greetings to all. I am new to GC and would like to introduce myself as AFROfemme. I will be a transfer student @ Vandy this Fall=]]] Go Dores!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome from a Sister Friend

Hello Everyone,

I am honored to get acquainted with so many positive, strong females, looking to connect with others in a loving sisterly manner. It really is great seeing so many individuals on this site. I truly look forward to this experience and hope to learn from others.

Jel
Old 06-29-2010, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome.

I am of the mind that sisterfriends should have to accumulate a minimum number of posts before they introduce themselves in this thread. There are so many that post that they are looking forward to joining the conversations and then never post again. So then, I have paid them a moment's attention for nothing.

Makes me wonder how they are IRL.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up @ 1stSoon2BePhD

Stay focused... Being the first can sometimes be challenging because you don't have a template within the family to follow... But, call on mentors, professors, and fellow classmates and you shall make it through!

Be sure to structure the dissertation process so that it takes a year not years... Give yourself deadlines and small goals that lead up to the completed product.

Keep presssing and congrats on entering this stage of your educational career!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stSoon2BePhD View Post
Hello everyone! I introduced myself in another part of this forum and have been on GC for months now, but I never had the opportunity to introduce myself to the ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (and I thought it'd be rude to start posting in your part of this forum without at least introducing myself...)

I am in graduate school for my PhD in biochemistry. (the first in my family ... hence, the username) I look forward to chatting with you all!
Another Klassy #6 Act . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .