GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,131
0 members and 1,131 guests
No Members online

Old 03-03-2006, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to USCTKE
3 run homer for the Braves in the 9th to win it today...not a bad start for the season though

and Delmon Young and BJ Upton are gonna help the D-rays out a lot. I got the privaledge of watching them both when they played in Charleston, but I still dont think that it will be enough to help them crawl out of the cellar of the AL-East.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by USCTKE
3 run homer for the Braves in the 9th to win it today...not a bad start for the season though

and Delmon Young and BJ Upton are gonna help the D-rays out a lot. I got the privaledge of watching them both when they played in Charleston, but I still dont think that it will be enough to help them crawl out of the cellar of the AL-East.
The problem is, Young isn't close enough to the bigs yet (his K to walk ratios still are sketchy in the minors), and Upton is up in the air with his position, and where he fits. They definitely could help out down the road, but it won't be this year.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally posted by Rollergirl2001
If the Cubs do not do well this year, then they need to fire Dusty Baker. They should have fired him after last season.

naaaaah . . . waaaay better to continue letting him crush the dreams of young pitching staffs everywhere. I would be stunned if anyone other than Zambrano gets to 200 IP, and the Cubs are a pretty safe bet to finish 3rd in that division (although the Brewers have a shot at winning it - you heard it here first, it completely depends on how Sheets holds up, and whether Davis and Capuano replicate last year's K-rates . . . ).
Old 03-04-2006, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KSig RC
naaaaah . . . waaaay better to continue letting him crush the dreams of young pitching staffs everywhere. I would be stunned if anyone other than Zambrano gets to 200 IP, and the Cubs are a pretty safe bet to finish 3rd in that division (although the Brewers have a shot at winning it - you heard it here first, it completely depends on how Sheets holds up, and whether Davis and Capuano replicate last year's K-rates . . . ).
The Brewers having a shot to win the division is one of the worst kept secrets so far to begin the year.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrillhouse
The Brewers having a shot to win the division is one of the worst kept secrets so far to begin the year.
Ha, agreed - I disagree with many of the talking heads, though, in that I feel they won't win more than say 90 (adjusted) games - but I don't think the Cardinals are really all that good either. They'll both have inflated win totals b/c that division sucks, but I don't think the Cards will be very good at all.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tinydancer
Then it must be time for my annual shout-out:

GO PHILLIES!
I love the Fightin Phils

Too bad I doubt they'll win another pennant while I'm alive.

ΑΧΩ
Old 03-05-2006, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Go Braves,yay and stuff.

I am down here in south Florida, home of spring training. I'm hoping to get up to a Braves home game up at Disney, or if not that then the Cardinals-Braves game at Roger Dean stadium near me in Jupiter.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

A couple of big stories the last two days. First, the Red Sox traded Bronson Arroyo to the Reds for Willy Mo Pena.

Second, Alfonso Soriano refused to take the field to start the Nationals' spring training game last night, because he did not want to play the outfield. An already ugly situation is just going to keep getting uglier.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
A couple of big stories the last two days. First, the Red Sox traded Bronson Arroyo to the Reds for Willy Mo Pena.

Second, Alfonso Soriano refused to take the field to start the Nationals' spring training game last night, because he did not want to play the outfield. An already ugly situation is just going to keep getting uglier.

If I'm a Boston fan, I'm liking the moves they made this off season.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by BobbyTheDon
If I'm a Boston fan, I'm liking the moves they made this off season.
I thought you hated Boston?
Old 03-21-2006, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mu_agd
I thought you hated Boston?

Ofcourse I hate Boston. I said, If I were a Boston fan, then I'm liking the moves they made.

Why? They made some pretty good strategic moves.

Coco Crisp is only going to get better and Willy mo Pena has star potential and Beckett is a good addition.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ofcourse I hate Boston. I said, If I were a Boston fan, then I'm liking the moves they made.

Why? They made some pretty good strategic moves.

Coco Crisp is only going to get better and Willy mo Pena has star potential and Beckett is a good addition.
And they're all 26 or younger . . . unlike a certain other team that may or may not be starting a series of 80 year olds
Old 03-21-2006, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been trying to convince people in my office that the Arroyo/Pena trade was a very good move. If I were a Boston fan, I would be very happy.

As a Yankee fan, I can't say that I am.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
I've been trying to convince people in my office that the Arroyo/Pena trade was a very good move. If I were a Boston fan, I would be very happy.

As a Yankee fan, I can't say that I am.
Only the Massholiest of all the Massholes should hate this trade - Arroyo trended WAY downward last year (K-rate well below 5 per 9), and while he was a genuinely cool guy, he's essentially fungible at this point.

I can't imagine not liking this deal, except that Dustin Mohr gets pooped on again.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
Quote:

I really wish Coco was still in a Indians uniform. I know he'll be a good addition to the red sox just as long as he doesn't let the pressure of being on a bigger stage bother him.

as for the Tribe, Jason Johnson will be a good fit as the fifth starter. I have yet to hear how Paul Byrd is doing. as long as out pitching staff keep us in the game during most of the season, I think we can get the wild card.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!