0 members and 1,465 guests
No Members online

Old 02-22-2005, 08:07 PM

oh and the dry ice was a joke too
Old 02-22-2005, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigrioter
it may sound crazy but this is done across the board. sigma pi, sae, tke, sigma chi, pi lam, delta sig phi- alpha phi, aopi, phi sig sig, zta, phi mu, and even kappa delta and azd do it.

our generation has been drinking for the better part of 4 years before we even came to college. i may just be speaking for 50% of us. it isnt that big of a deal, american culture is so backward that we assume an 18 year old wont know how to handle a beer bc it is "illegal" for him/ her- in many cases that is correct bc sadly this child has been sheltered by overprotective parents and then set loose onto a coed campus effectively a social retard. a 14 year old, yes, they don't know how to handle it, but they learn through trial and error.. or in my case, with responsible oversight from my parents, who taught me to enjoy the taste of beer over its effect, like many european parents do. i enjoy wine and champagne as well as a well made gin and tonic. i also like to get around the legal limit of drunk.. but NO MORE. i stop around 5-6 drinks a night max, so usually only 3- for cost and health reasons (unless i am winning at beer pong)
It doesn't matter, no matter how you try to justify it. I don't necessarily agree with some of our regulations sometimes, but I follow them. Especially considering the legal recourses. Go hang out in the risk management forum.

Drinking under the age of 21 in this country is illegal, no matter how you try to justify it.

Having mixers at your house is illegal (in NIC and NPC's eyes). If you don't agree with this perhaps you should've joined a group that doesn't follow these rules.

No one at this party is going to be learning to drink responsibly.

Point is, you shouldn't be having this party. If you are, you shouldn't be dumb enough to post about it on an internet message board frequented by national officers of GLOS
Old 02-22-2005, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Corsulian
Quote:
Originally posted by bigrioter
our generation has been drinking for the better part of 4 years before we even came to college. i may just be speaking for 50% of us. it isnt that big of a deal, american culture is so backward that we assume an 18 year old wont know how to handle a beer bc it is "illegal" for him/ her- in many cases that is correct bc sadly this child has been sheltered by overprotective parents and then set loose onto a coed campus effectively a social retard.
I am Damn Proud to call this man my Brother

Alcohol...Hey, at least it's not cocaine
GMU Greek Life Wiki * Unofficial Region X Portal
Old 02-28-2005, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to beta~chi~2004 Send a message via Yahoo to beta~chi~2004
as long as there is a 3rd party vendor then you have nothing to worry about. we found that out when we went to conference 2 weeks ago