GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,321
2 members and 1,319 guests
Xidelt

Old 10-11-2011, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Call me crazy but the exacting perfection expected of these girls... I can't see any difference in "quality" once you get past the crazy audition portion. They are all fit and fabulous!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so excited about this show returning!

ADPi posted on their facebook page about it and Kelli. It was kind of nice them "confirming" what we ADPi's have been saying for years, that she is a sister.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-14-2011, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapcat View Post
Call me crazy but the exacting perfection expected of these girls... I can't see any difference in "quality" once you get past the crazy audition portion. They are all fit and fabulous!
Agreed! I'm especially disturbed when they tell a training camp candidate that she needs to lose weight . If SHE'S fat, what's the rest of the world?!
Old 10-14-2011, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^However, the rest of the world doesn't wear 3-inch shorts to work. lol.

I've also heard them say that a girl was too THIN in the unform. So I don't think they want a stick figure out there either.

I think it's funny when the girls are so appalled that they have to be fitted for *gasp* medium short. I mean, would you rather have them put you in a small and give you muffin top?

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 10-14-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Last season they didn't do the body fat analysis. Each year before, they did it in a different "state of the art" way. Irony being, on one season they told the girls that "10-15% is the desired range" and were aghast at one girl who was 16%.

Then on the next season, it's all about the body scan, and the girls should be "between 22-26%" and the doctor who read the scans is smiling at everyone who is at like 25%. This is the season where they told the girl she was underweight- but she was at 16%. Go figure.

I just re-watched this earlier this week, because I remembered there being a huge discrepancy. I'm inclined to think the machines that read the girls around 13-15% were correct. If a DCC has 26% body fat, well...those shorts wouldn't look so great.

Granted, 10-15% is low, but still can be healthy if the girl is an athlete who takes care of herself nutritionally. 26% is more heading to the unhealthy range. If they are going to give out information, they should be consistent. Can you imagine, being the girl who diets and exercises all year to be at 15%, now all of a sudden, she's too thin?

ETA: Not that I'm THAT interested in the DCC's Body fat levels...it's just that 1) I'm a scientist and seeing that range of numbers makes me wonder what changed/question the accuracy of the readings and 2) I am pretty familiar with BF since measuring people's BF was part of my job in the military.

Last edited by *winter*; 10-15-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeCe Newbie View Post
Agreed! I'm especially disturbed when they tell a training camp candidate that she needs to lose weight . If SHE'S fat, what's the rest of the world?!
morbidly obese

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-19-2011, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking One more day!

One more day fellow fans!!!! The first episode is always the best- it never ceases to amaze me how many people show up (and how many of them have to know they don't stand a chance! )
Old 10-28-2011, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

This show is one of my favorite guilty pleasures! I am enjoying this season very much! Quite a beautiful and talented group of hopefuls this season. Could Kelli Finglass be any prettier!!?? Love Judy too! Winter.. you started the thread....how are you liking this season so far?
Old 10-28-2011, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I def like the fact that it's now an hour! Before there just wasn't enough show, with all the commercials.

Interesting to see Kalli back. She is one accomplished woman! I googled her one day and found her linked in profile.

Still have to see yesterday's episode!
Old 10-29-2011, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Lov Kalli. Really hope she made it. I thought briefly about doing some research to see if she did, but decided against it. I like to pretend that it's happening in real time. (Probably strange.). No spoilers, please! I also really like one whose name I can't think of right now...maybe Bethany? She said that she was a Kittie Carter casualty last year. She comes across as very intelligent and poised.

Speaking of Kittie, did it look to anyone else like she was wearing a lavalier on this episode? I kept rewinding but couldn't decide. I even thought I might be able to make out the ADPi letters. I is unusual (in my experience, anyway) to see a woman of her age wearing one; maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me because of this thread!

Also, I have a claim to fame (sort of!). My previous opthomologist's daughter, Abigail, was a DCC for about two years. I think she left last year. She wasn't ever on the show very much. Her mom had a bunch of her pictures out at her office, and I always loved looking at them. Very beautiful girl!
Old 10-29-2011, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Mackenzie (who was featured a bit in last night's episode) is a former KD consultant!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I cheated. I had to. I know who makes it and who doesn't, but in the interest of everyone, let's not disclose this information.

I'm so amazed at Sasha, she is such a good role model! From her blog it sounds like she did an Urban Teacher Residency program, which is what I'm trying to get into. She is also a stellar performer. I also like the tomboy girl, Taylor, she seems interesting.

I'm not too impressed with the Australian girl. She seems kind of average to me. I had to agree w/Kitty on the tans! Too much! I literally LOLed when Kelli says "oh what an interesing prop" after Kitty made such an ordeal about the tree during the practice. That girl did a good job; I liked her solo a lot.

I love how they spend more time focusing on the solos, those are always great to watch, and it's interesting to see that side of each girl- what she is good at, what she picks to perform. I can't say enough about the hour format- it's so much better.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh yeah- and who doesn't know what party the President belongs to? Oh yeah, someone who doesn't know what a political party is!!!

That reminds me of..."What do you think of Condoleeza Rice running for President?"

"I wish him well...I like our President (G.W. Bush at that time) but I know he has to give up his title..." Is this a pageant?

Then, afterwards..."They asked me what I thought of Condoleeza Jones running for President...but she's not running for President?" She still didn't get it!!!

There were a lot of incredibly intelligent ladies this year. Guess it offsets the idiots...
Old 10-30-2011, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD4Me View Post
I also really like one whose name I can't think of right now...maybe Bethany? She said that she was a Kittie Carter casualty last year. She comes across as very intelligent and poised.
I think you're talking about Brittney! I like her a lot too.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Brittany Schram (since last year they actually had last names!) I love her. She is a total class act, and beautiful as well. She would be SUCH a great representative for them.