GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 1,196
2 members and 1,194 guests
Cookiez17, PGD-GRAD

Old 11-24-2003, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to JenniferLynn Send a message via AIM to JenniferLynn
Smile Parent Events Question

I'm curious about something. First off, I should mention I'm NOT a sister, but I will be rushing DPhiE in September 2005. I was wondering, when it comes to Mother-Daughter, or father-daughter events, what is it someone does if their parents are too far away(such as from Newfoundland to Vancouver, 5046km), or not living? Do they go, and just have a good time with everyone else, or do they opt to not go?

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2003, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Wow..you plan ahead!

I would say that the sisters would all go and meet the parents of the sister even if no one from their family attended. Or, a stand-in family member would attend, such as an aunt or friend of the family. Those events are more than social - they are PR too. It is always good for the families to see the good our women do outside of the stereotypes our media portray of us. I have very fond memories (my eyes are welling up) of my grandmother, who was in a wheelchair at the time, coming to our parents brunch. She got to meet all my sisters who she had heard so much about and see what a sorority was all about as she did not go to college.

Not all chapters have these wonderful events but many do.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Denise_DPhiE
Old 11-26-2003, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

JenniferLynn,

I sent you a PM.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to JenniferLynn Send a message via AIM to JenniferLynn
Denise- Thank you for your answer! And yes, I do plan ahead, maybe even excessively so. I've just always been very interested in greek life, and what an amazing experience sororities must be, not only as an undergrad, but as alum as well. Unfortunately, there is nothing like that in my province, so my only resource for learning more about it is the internet, but couldn't find anything relating to that specifically. Your answer makes perfect sense, and I fiigured that's what it would be. Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, although us Canadians celebrated last month.

bcdphie- I recieved it and replied! Thanks again, both of your replies were very appreciated!