GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,252
1 members and 1,251 guests
No Members online

Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Introduction

Hello, I will be transferring to UA in the fall and have joined this forum to hopefully get a little more insight on greek life and rush.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I was wondering: since I will be transferring, does this make my chances of getting into a sorority slimmer? I have above a 3.3 GPA so I think I'm good in that area. But since I will be an upperclassmen will I have less of a chance of getting a bid or even invited to the rest of rush week?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Will you be a sophomore or junior?

Have you gotten involved in clubs and activities on your present campus? Done recent volunteer work? Know any girls in the Bama sororities? Been working on getting recommendations to ALL the chapters at Bama?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Hello, welcome to the forum! I know nothing about recruitment at UA, but I wanted to say hello
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Will you be a sophomore or junior?

Have you gotten involved in clubs and activities on your present campus? Done recent volunteer work? Know any girls in the Bama sororities? Been working on getting recommendations to ALL the chapters at Bama?

I am a member of Phi Theta Kappa (which is like honor roll). I have done volunteer work through my church. Also I know a few sorority girls at bama. And the woman that I currently babysit for was a member of one of the sororities when she attended UA and told me she would give me a rec and have other people she knows right me some. I also have a longtime family friend who was in a sorority way back when she was in college but she did not attend UA.
I know that the sororities are given a certain amount of upperclassmen they can recruit so I didn't know how limited that made my chances. I forgot to add ill be coming to UA as a junior
Old 02-13-2013, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateee View Post
Hello, welcome to the forum! I know nothing about recruitment at UA, but I wanted to say hello
I was afraid no one would answer back! Thank you for the welcome
Old 02-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

If you copy what you have already written and post in the sorority recruitment forum, you will have lots of responses.

BTW, your longtime family friend can write a rec. for you as long as there is a chapter of her sorority at Bama. She does not have to have attended Bama.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, I just saw your question and I thought I'd just give my input. I'm mina, originally from Maryland and transferred to Wyoming as a sophomore and I was able to join Pi Beta Phi without all the community involvement. Unfortunately some things fell through and I resigned. As a junior I just joined Sigma Alpha with no complications. I think you just need to show that you are serious about the sorority, the philanthropy, and your academics. Having a 3.3 GPA is a perfect range and with some initiative and enthusiasm you could most likely become a part of any sorority on your campus.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
Hey, I just saw your question and I thought I'd just give my input. I'm mina, originally from Maryland and transferred to Wyoming as a sophomore and I was able to join Pi Beta Phi without all the community involvement. Unfortunately some things fell through and I resigned. As a junior I just joined Sigma Alpha with no complications. I think you just need to show that you are serious about the sorority, the philanthropy, and your academics. Having a 3.3 GPA is a perfect range and with some initiative and enthusiasm you could most likely become a part of any sorority on your campus.
Recruitment at an SEC school is very different than Maryland or Wyoming, though.