» Online Users: 1,498
3 members and 1,495 guests
3DGator, LaneSig

Old 05-24-2007, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Moderator for the Beta Forum

Good evening all,

Well, we now have a mod- and here I am.

I did just delete one thread from last fall which I have always felt was too close to being a ritual discussion, but otherwise I have not changed a thing. We need a place for the open exchange of ideas and sentiments, and I would not be much of a brother if I started editing or deleting things I may not agree with.

The only time I will do that is if ritual is discussed, if personal information is given out on brothers (i.e. some of what happened in the impromptu blog set up to discuss the recent Miami issues) or if there are unwarranted personal attacks of a severe nature.

So far, we are not even close- so I am not worried.

I graduated 10 years ago and only recently got involved with my chapter again- but I dove in fast and hard and serve as an advisor and also as an officer on the Housing Corp.

I think we have a great forum here with a tone and level of discourse that is worthy of all Betas, and I am not going to mess with a good thing. Once a Beta, no brother needs to have sincere views censored.

But I would like to try and expand things a bit and get more discussion going. I have met many people on this site, Beta and non-Beta, who have been great resources for me as I learned the ropes of being an advisor and working with a Housing Corporation.

To that end, in the next few weeks as time allows I would like to create a sticky thread, or a few, that direct people who come here to various resources and help stimulate discussion on key matters.

Some links to our main website for sure- RTS, rush info, leadership conferences, resources for potential advisors. And with that an open thread so that everyone can post comments on those areas.

Plus I would really like to have threads in advance of every semester for rush where all of you can post links to your chapter's websites and rush info.

Philanthropy too- a sticky thread will be created so everyone can post links and talk about their chapter's philanthropic efforts.

Anything else to consider? Any concerns or comments? Post them here- be as brutally honest as you like. I don't want to mess with the good thing we have going here, but to the extent I can enhance and broaden the good influence and usefulness of this board- I hope to do just that. We don't have a forum on our own website anymore, and this is about the best place I can think of for us to have that resource.

Yours in ___ kai ___,

Tom.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! I'm glad they finally agreed to give us a Mod.

"There is a destiny that makes us brothers, No one goes his way alone;
All that we send into the lives of others, Comes back into our own."
~ Edwin Markham