Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,226
0 members and 1,226 guests
No Members online

Old 12-28-2004, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Spring Rush numbers

Brothers,
I know it's a bit early for this, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling. Also, I'm not entirely sure how spring recruitment works at other schools/chapters.

How is recruitment going at your/your brother's/your boyfriend's etc. school thus far? Share numbers and any stories.

Best of luck to brothers in their recruitment efforts.

AEKDB
Collin
Old 02-28-2005, 04:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Sucked

We tried our first-ever spring recruitment and it didnt go so well. Our school is a one-rush a year (fall) school, with an organized IFC rush, so we had to deal with bitching from IFC and other fraternities, a school atmosphere that wasnt focused on joining anything at that time, and generally cold and bad weather to boot (its Canada). We decided after a couple of unsuccessful weeks to declare an end to this year's spring rush effort, take what we had learned, and work hard to make next year's spring rush a success.

We learned some hard lessons to take into next year, but will set the bar high next year and excel. I guess sometimes it happens that way when you try something new.

AEKDB
Mike
Old 03-04-2005, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Sucked

Quote:
Originally posted by ksigcanuck
We tried our first-ever spring recruitment and it didnt go so well. Our school is a one-rush a year (fall) school, with an organized IFC rush, so we had to deal with bitching from IFC and other fraternities, a school atmosphere that wasnt focused on joining anything at that time, and generally cold and bad weather to boot (its Canada). We decided after a couple of unsuccessful weeks to declare an end to this year's spring rush effort, take what we had learned, and work hard to make next year's spring rush a success.

We learned some hard lessons to take into next year, but will set the bar high next year and excel. I guess sometimes it happens that way when you try something new.

AEKDB
Mike
Sorry about your luck, but you're right; when you try something completely new, the results aren't always positive. Now for next year you'll have a more solid ground of experience from which to base your plan. Was the rest of IFC opposed to you having a spring rush? What kind of opposition did you face from other fraternities? An uncooperative Greek system can be a heck of a barrier to overcome.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

IFC and other fraternities

We just faced a general opposition from IFC and other fraternities that we were doing something that was "unsanctioned"... which is not true as it simply wasnt addressed at all in IFC bylaws...

We had all of the arguments I think we needed to have. I think we are good to go for next year.

AEKDB
Mike
Old 04-19-2005, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

hey everyone I'm a member of the Univ of Tenn-Lambda chapter and we just initiated 9 new guys this spring

A.E.K.D.B