Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,266
1 members and 1,265 guests
IllyPolly

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2004, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
Quote:
Originally posted by AWJDZ
Like I had posted earlier...I passed Praxis I on the first time, took Praxis II for my content areas and passed, and I do not have to take Praxis III for North Carolina.

I am going into my 4th year of teaching now...so (shoot me in the head now!) I have registared for the National Board Certification program. The state of NC pays for it, unlike most others, and there is a huge bonus offered by most states if you are NBC. Has anyone done this? I heard it was a lot harder than Praxis II, but much like Praxis III? Has anyone taken Praxis III? Not only does this process require me to take another exam, but I also have to build this huge portfolio. I guess it will all pay off in the long run....
We have an awesome art teacher in our building who has tried TWICE to do the National Board test. She's done the test, sent in the portfolio, included the videotape of her teaching the unit, and it just doesn't seem to matter. She's a veteran teacher! And not a crusty stick-in-the-mud style veteran, either-- she's had a couple of her pieces in local shows, and she tries to think of neat things for the students to do. I have no idea why she isn't Board Certified.

So if you can do it, *good luck*!