Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 1,077
0 members and 1,077 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2000, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

LXAAlum- I understand your frustration completely. This is just one part of the bigger issue of consistent and long-term bad PR for all GLOs nationwide.

The only way to really fix this problem is for Greeks of all ages to register and vote, for ANY candidate.

Can I rant? I do respect that democracy also includes the freedom NOT to vote. BUT, if you do not vote, you lose your right to complain.

And... THE WORST... PLEASE do not put a sticker on your car supporting one party or candidate, because you think it makes you look cool... when you have never even seen the inside of a voting booth!

It is not to late to register for the 2000 elections! Please pick up a voter registration form the next time you are at the library or post office. (and don't throw out that old excuse - "I am registered in my hometown" - why be registered in your hometown when you KNOW you are going to be away at school every November?! Fill out a new card!)

I am in this generation of collegiates and young alums... we have never known war... we have never known a serious economic depression... we enjoy every single privilege of living in the most powerful country on the planet...
and yet as a group we cannot give back even fifteen minutes of our time once every four years to help select a leader...

okay, that's about enough outta me. Can you tell I am very passionate about citizenship?