Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,240
1 members and 1,239 guests
IllyPolly

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2004, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

i was taking my first year seminar (called "family") and we had to read this book on orphans. this one girl (who we call "onion girl," youll see why) interjects the professor who was commenting on the book, and starts off by saying, "i talked about this in my paper (we had turned in a paper that day), but there was this really interesting article in "the onion" about..."

and were all in the classroom looking at her like, "is she quoting 'the onion'"? omg no she didnt!"

so as she's going on and on, the prof is giggling, and she says "yeah its kinda ridiculous right?" and he says, "yeah, its ridiculuous how your quoting a satirical newspaper."

the class is dying at this point, and she looks confused. she says, "yeah i know its pretty hilarious, but its a great paper. i get a lot of my information form there."

at the end of class, he gave her paper back and gave her a week's extension.

(and plz, tell me you guys know what the onion is, cause then the story is null and void)

i had a professor in a 3 hour lecture who would give us our break halfway through and say, "anyone who needs to smoke or change a tampon, this is the time to do it." talk about blunt.

another one--pretty embarassing.
another freshman class-(the class was called "lure of beauty")-there were 18 of us, all female, and we had this class in a conference type room. as this being the first class of the spring semester, me and friends got fucked up the night b4, and i was wiped. so the prof (male, no older than 30) who had the most gorgeous aqua eyes (i swear the were like mini-pools), was talking about the syllabus or whatever, and im starting off into space. so he says "any questions?" i raise my hand, still dazed, and ask, "are your eyes really that blue, or are they contacts? damn theyre beautiful."

he turns a bit red, and says, "is that why you've been staring at me all class?" winks at me playfully

if i was a few shades lighter, i probably wouldve turned red too, and im like, "i wasnt staring at you, im just a little tired..."
and he's like "yeah okay sure..."

it was pretty funny, and ironic, cause he starts talking about the psychology of beauty and why people are overwhelmed by eye color, feet, and some other stuff and how i gave him such a great segway to end the class.

iPod girl sat in teh last seat of the last row of our calc class. very early and long class (8-10 am). she always showed up early, dressed pretty fab and with her very loud iPod (our classroom was always quiet and small, so it sounded like it was blaring)

and she never turned it off, or took it out her ears. taking notes? nope--50 cent was playing. taking our midterm--christina aguilera. turning homework in? moulin rouge soundtrack.

anyway, the prof is starting to teach again after our break, and people are still talking. and he slams his notes down and screams, "i mean it or saturday detention for everyone!"

and everyone looks around like, "is he 4real? what a joke!"

iPod girl who btw, never talked (then again in lecture there wasnt a chance to unless u volunteered) pulls her headphones out and says, "geez, calm the fuck out why dont you." and mutters, "fucking saturday detention. get real."

everyone (all of us who are awake) are dying and it pisses teh prof even more. to top it off, she puts her headphones on again and proceeds to listening to creed's "my sacrifice" (you get ragged on if you listen to creed at my school--i have no idea why) at top volume.

in teh elevator to class, during rush hour (As we call it in main building) and its packed. this kid is crouched in the corner of the elevator listening to 2gether's "calculus." now i know everyone in that elevator knew what it was and that it was this particular kid.

as if this wasnt embarassing nough, kid#2 bursts out (as riding to the 9th floor is a long ride when it stops on every floor) "who's listening to 2gether?" makes eye contact witht e kid who looks away quickly, and says, "man thats cojones! loser"

okay im done.